or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

Would the Apple search engine help this maps/POI problem? Or are you talking about a search engine in general to get away from Google?For POI data... the information has to be somewhere online for Apple's search engine to crawl.But I'm getting the impression from this thread that there is NOT an online location where all this POI data exists.If there was... why couldn't Apple just licence that data instead of building a search engine to crawl the web?I agree that Apple...
Lol... that was me... up late and tired suggesting silly things like the Department of Transportation and Tax Records. Sorry My point was... it there not one place that already has this information?Where did Google get it?I know Google has cars taking pictures of nearly every road in the world. Do they have more people knocking on every business door asking for their information?Or is it because of something like Google Places where it's up to the business owner to...
Hey guys... birds fly up and down.Maybe the bird is swooping down to catch some prey... swiftly.
Agreed. Apple has to do something to bolster their POI data.Maps are relatively easy. Most roads have been around for decades... but even newer roads are listed somewhere. Every state has a department of transportation... so they should know the status of every road. I would imagine other countries have similar departments.POI data is a little more challenging. But hell... can't they use data from YellowPages.com or something?Is there not one place that has the names,...
Ok... it sounded like you thought Apple was one of the companies who wastes money and won't stay wealthy because of it.Glad we're on the same page then
If the phone is hidden in your pocket or purse... you won't see the screen or the light. But that's not where the light comes in handy.The light is for the times when you're away from your phone and you return to it. You can see if you have any missed notifications without waking the phone.And 9 times out of 10... the front of the phone is most visible... not the back. That's why manufacturers have historically put the notification light on the front of the phone.All...
It would only become a problem if Apple stopped making money... which I can't imagine will happen in my lifetime.Apple has a ridiculous income. They don't have a finite amount of cash... they're constantly adding more.They make enough money to buy a "Beats" every 30 days if they wanted to.And it would only be considered a waste if they didn't gain anything from it. Even if we don't know why Apple bought Beats... they know.In short... Apple had the money to cover the Beats...
I don't know how it is on the Mac and Safari since I use Windows and Chrome... but I have Feedly bookmarked on my desktop browser and I use Newsify on my iPhone.It works well enough for me!
RSS is alive and well. Personally... I'm using RSS now more than ever.When Google Reader shut down... I switched to Feedly. And now I follow over 150 different blogs and websites.
Thank you for understanding what I'm talking about Old Blackberries had a subtle LED notifier... and even brand new Galaxy S and other modern smartphones do too. It gently and continually blinks if you have a notification... and doesn't blink when you don't. And it's on the front of the phone too! Wow!I don't know why TS is so against that. I think it's a very useful feature.Just for fun... I turned on the "LED Flash for Alerts" under "Accessibility" on my iPhone... and...