or Connect

Posts by Michael Scrip

With Metro... where is all the stuff that used to be on the Start Menu? Programs and such? Old image... I know...
Well... Apple does have $100 Billion in cash. But does anyone know how much it would cost to outright build their own factories? And staff them? Or should they continue to just rent time from Samsung, Foxconn, etc? You're right though... Apple is beginning to demand too much from their suppliers... but I'm sure Tim Cook is exploring every option.
I wasn't trying to make a perfect analogy... I was merely pointing out that Apple is good at what they do... and they contract with companies who are good at what they do. You're right... Apple is the designer, contractor and seller... and they buy parts and services from other companies too. And they're pretty darn successful at it Who knows what Apple could do if they owned everything end-to-end. But I don't think Apple wants to deal with mining aluminum ore,...
Na.... they should stick to what they do best... designing, marketing and creating great user experiences. Let other companies who are the best in their fields to do what they do best... manufacturing, fabrication, etc. The architect does not hammer nails, pour concrete or pull electrical cable...
I wish Apple had just picked another word to call their higher-resolution displays... or at least not brought all this math and science into it. Then again... it's only a handful of people on internet forums who even discuss this topic... compared to the millions of Apple's other customers. Dell calls some of their monitors UltraSharp™ and it's simply a brand name. Dell didn't try to explain what "ultra" means. Apple uses the term "iSight" for some of their cameras. That...
Bless you Evercore. Wait... who the hell is Evercore?
Do you hear yourself? Command line? Apple is one the most successful consumer electronics companies in the world. Keyword: consumer. If you want a "hacker tablet" go buy one from any other manufacturer. But Apple knows what they're doing...
Don't worry... it's better! But don't take my word for it:
I think Apple knows this and are VERY careful when designing a new product. Every detail is taken into consideration. In contrast... other companies launch 15 new phones every year. If one is a stinker... no big deal.
It already doubled in price from 2 years ago. Considering the sales of Apple products lately... the stock price doubling next year is a definite possibility.