or Connect

Posts by montefuego

I, for one, am tired of the Apple rumor sites continually referring to the 'years and millions of dollars' necessary to make Liquid Metal useful, as some kind of immovable object. First of all, those 'years' have already passed, and as for investing millions of dollars, uhhh, well, we're talking about Apple here. They would not hesitate to invest a BILLION dollars to make a product special. It's time to retire this boring and irrelevant quote. If Apple wants to use liquid...
I think this analyst knows what he is talking about, and it is refreshing to have a balanced and logical perspective. I personally want a larger screen. As for doubling the resolution of Retina, the whole point of 'Retina' is that you couldn't see a higher resolution even if it was there. It would just drain the battery and cost more.
We are always getting these figures from you, and it would really help if the article specified if the market share and money share and so on was UNITED STATES or GLOBAL. Half the time it's one or other, but the articles you print rarely specify which one. It should be in the first paragraph. Thanks!
50% yield is pretty good anyway.
three years came from ipad after iphone, you've omitted mentioning the ipad.
The older models are the iphone 4 and 4S, which are half the phones that Apple is currently selling in the U.S. Losing the ability to sell these phones either here or internationallly is a catastrophe. They need a substitute by Aug 5.
The older models that infringe include the iPhone 4 and 4S, which even in the U.S. may represent half of Apple's sales. They need a replacement by Aug 5, or risk catastrophic loss of sales.
These articles on what is upcoming continually ignore a huge 'elephant in the room.' Apple is possibly going to be prohibited from selling those 'cheap older models' on August 5th by the trade commission. If I were a smart company, I would make damn sure I had something else to sell by then. Thus, this continual mention of 'Apple only releases one model' is totally out of date. Apple needs a cheap model that does not infringe Samsung's patents, and if they are smart (they...
If you are a student who wants to do some video and/or photos, this is a compelling offer. You need the 500 gig hard drive (compared to small storage on a Macbook Air), you will use the DVD player/recorder, and the upcoming Haswell only offers better battery life, not a significant increase in speed. As for the Retina display, I am a professional photographer and I love my 15' Retina, but for my son we have looked at both photos and video and the 13' normal display is...
My guess is that this phone is a custom phone for China Mobile.