or Connect

Posts by montefuego

The headphone on the bottom never made any sense. The ipad sits upright on your desk, a headphone connection on the bottom would make that impossible. The iPhone is more often held in the hand or sideways, so doesn't present that problem.
Dear Slurpy, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my tone. I am not bashing Apple, I am a stockholder and I want them to make a lot of money, as well as change the world for the better. It is very likely that Apple computes a margin on the total cost of components, and then looks at the market to determine the best price to sell something at. In the case of the iPad, it is likely that the cost of several components other than the screen were costing less (as well as R&D) a...
it's unknown whether the cost of these high-resolution screens would be passed on to the consumer.'   Of course it will, like every other component, and labor to make the thing. Why wouldn't it be? I agree with other posters above, I will be buying this thing with all the RAM, speed and features I can get, and I am sure Apple will charge me enough to keep up their 50% profit margin. That's fine with me.   '
    Are you sure? How would you personally know... It seemed like Gen X was speaking from personal experience.
  Hi Gen X, It sounds like you are a former apple design guy, and you are saying there is some kind of exodus. Is this true? Are people running from Apple now that there's no Steve, or is the new management--Cook and Browett--going off on a course you consider wrong? I would love to hear any thoughts you have! Thanks!   Steve  
  I admire Tim Cook in many ways. He also has never demonstrated an 'aesthetic.' I love the company Apple, and no, I'm not complaining about its achievements. At the same time, I don't put my head in the sand when things may not be going right. It is likely that Ron Johnson left when Jobs passed him over for Cook.  It is also true that what Johnson did for Target was remarkable, and shouldn't be underestimated. His unique abilities must be a large part of why it took so...
Keep in mind that Ron Johnson did a fantastic job marketing Target before he came to Apple. The advertisements, the bringing of name designers to make products for the store, made Target 'cool' rather than another Kmart
I, for one, find this very disturbing. The new guy has NO sense of style; his stores in the UK are ugly and seemingly devoid of any aesthetic awareness. His haircut alone tells you all you need to know about his artistic sensibility. It is highly likely that the design person who left did not leave because there was a 'new offer' from Penneys. More likely, the offer had been made in the past. The difference now is that he now has to work underneath this man who had...
Hi, I own the 4S, love it, think the concern over it looking the same is bizarre. It feels perfect, works perfect, classic design. But the samsung commercial is funny. It's great. Good for them. But I love my iphone, wouldn't trade for the Samsung, never!
Still down, disappointing also that Apple Insider posted this article based on speculation, not actual fact.