or Connect

Posts by montefuego

Keep in mind that Ron Johnson did a fantastic job marketing Target before he came to Apple. The advertisements, the bringing of name designers to make products for the store, made Target 'cool' rather than another Kmart
I, for one, find this very disturbing. The new guy has NO sense of style; his stores in the UK are ugly and seemingly devoid of any aesthetic awareness. His haircut alone tells you all you need to know about his artistic sensibility. It is highly likely that the design person who left did not leave because there was a 'new offer' from Penneys. More likely, the offer had been made in the past. The difference now is that he now has to work underneath this man who had...
Hi, I own the 4S, love it, think the concern over it looking the same is bizarre. It feels perfect, works perfect, classic design. But the samsung commercial is funny. It's great. Good for them. But I love my iphone, wouldn't trade for the Samsung, never!
Still down, disappointing also that Apple Insider posted this article based on speculation, not actual fact.
I think you are right that the 'event' will be smaller, but not because of the technology. My guess is that it confirms that Steve will not be presenting. Too bad. Another Steve
This is the most salient and correct evaluation. Size has very little to do with cost. A person with a low income doesn't need a retina display or stainless steel case. The electronics inside and the operating system follow Moore's law and will not be the impediment to making a cheap phone. A plastic case with a decent display, minimal memory connected to the iCloud, and the fully Apple ecosystem and functionality is what they will do.
This is a very smart observation. Yes, we all believe that below Steve are highly qualified people. But if their inspiration and allegiance is to Steve, and Steve does not return, then Apple's quality can dissipate as the top people leave for other opportunities. that is the real danger.
Bravo. This whole issue, which appears on numerous 'rumor' sites, is embarassing. As if Jonathon Ive needs this guy to help him design a logo. Come on.
Why would you say this? I am a professional photographer, run Photoshop and FCP, and need to download, and show my photos, and want a computer with me at all times. I don't want the weight of the macbook pro (three years old) that I have now. It seems to me that the new air will be MUCH faster than my current machine, and with a portable LaCie Rugged, hopefully with a thunderbolt version coming soon, I should be in great shape. Why not get this?
I'm ashamed to be a union member of the AFL-CIO. They are idiots. They would be the first to argue that a sick union member not be fired from his job, but they hypocritically attack a man who is a genius for small flaws. They are carping, small-minded, vinditive, jealous, pathetic. A shame. Steve