or Connect

Posts by jivemaster

Its lucky people in the USA have Apple to think for them by selling 4G iPads linked to a carrier so they can't make mistakes. Derp.
Openstreetmap is plain ugly. Not sure why everyone is making the shift. Google maps are far more functional and free.
Highly likely the 13" pro will disappear. The only difference in the 13" pro is the faster CPU and the optical drive. Optical is gone on all, so there isn't much left to retain to distinguish it apart from the air. I just hope the 15" model has a dedicated GPU in addition to the Intel HD.
LTE as a standard can't really work worldwide especially considering the provider of LTE in the USA is Verizon, which is a CDMA network. Not many countries still have a CDMA network in operation - many were closed down for GSM. The truth here is that Apple made the mistake in labelling the models the way they did. Selling something as the iPad wifi+4G indicates to the consumer more than anything that they can get 4G on said device. To have the possibility for 4G not even...
Hopefully gtalk compatibility makes its way to the iOS version. It's the major thing I'm missing on the iPad/iPhone. The 3rd party apps are pretty ugly, using iMessage for all aim like here on OSX would be epic.
I was hoping they'd change it because frankly the home button is the worst thing about the iPhone and iPad. I can't understand Apple's logic with that button. The iPhone and iPad are so advanced, then they have the most primitive button functionality on front. It's always the first thing to go on Apple iDevices. I have plenty of friends with non responsive home buttons. You shouldn't need to cover them with cases to keep them going. Bring on the capacitive home strip I say.
Competition is healthy. The fact that apple acts worse than Microsoft did in the 90s is worrying to say the least. Apple can't be in control over everything and needs to realise this. It's only a matter of time before Apple runs into trouble with the law, and that governments will be forced to step in to give real freedom of choice to customers across the world, just as had to happen with Microsoft. Sure the Apple app store and the iphone had a smaller install base back on...
It's a shame the practicality isn't there as far as openness is concerned. I use my ipad to read the news and make the odd note here and there, but anything further than remote access apps, it's too locked down to be overly useful. Once competing tablets are released, the ecosystem as a whole will push forward and hopefully the ipad will get more useful. The whole enterprise adoption thing is really because there is nothing else in the market at the moment. With...
+1000Readers on this forum seem completely oblivious to the fantastic innovations google has made on the mobile front. So much so that apple cry babies resort to name calling and cheap insults.Googles innovations are good for everyone. Wireless tethering comes immediately to mind, originally found on the nexus one. Only today apple users are finally receiving such benefit, and what a great benefit indeed.I think there is some jealousy here that uncharacteristically, google...