or Connect

Posts by bobringer

Nice... now she can create a fake MobileMe account instead of a fake GMail account in order to troll people and hide her identity... you know, like all executives are taught in business school.
I work about 5 blocks from there. When I tell you it was raining yesterday... my god. You don't see that every week...
  How many countries tax income when repatriating after tax has already been collected locally?   You might want to know the answer to this question before you call American capitalists self-destructive and greedy.
  I sure hope Jony Ive hasn't been placed in charge of Hardware Design... Software Interface... and Quality Assurance checks on both data and functionality.   That would be one strange job description.   I also think "hardware and software design are two separate things" is the exact opposite of what Jobs believes.  He's said as much many times when quoting Alan Key with "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware."  In practice, you might...
So... "Ive is also methodically reviewing new designs, seeking to avoid a repeat of last year's release of map tools that were widely panned, and he's encouraging collaboration between the software and hardware divisions, which operated in silos under co-founder Steve Jobs, people said," author Adam Satariano wrote. I probably buy a good amount of what is said in this article... and then when you come across a quote like this it makes me think said author has no clue...
Captain obvious says... We keep hearing about how iPhone growth is slowing... and we keep hearing that Apple is *GAINING* market share. Meanwhile... it's commonly thoughts that Samsung is destroying Apple. 1 1 = 4. Back in the real world... 1 1 = 2. 2 = the headline of this article.
This article says the opposite... Apple isn't counting that 70% towards revenue.  They are only booking the 30% as revenue.  If anything... this is Apple doing the opposite of attempting to make their numbers look better...
  Um... puts WHAT in perspective?
  I agree with that...  But if they hadn't lost focus many years ago they might be in a better place today.  I think they should have dumped their hardware division 3-4 years ago and focused on the enterprise back office back then.  Once the Storm came out, it was clear that they were never going compete on the device front.  Your point about BYOD is exactly right.  Not sure why they thought THEY were going to be able to make the devices that employees were going to push...
The problem with RIMM (and has been for years) is that they have no idea what they want to be.   They are an ENTERPRISE company, and what they do best is secure e-mail.  I remember when the Playbook was announced, they SAID that this was going to be their focus.  All the marketing materials... all the videos... EVERYTHING, focused on Facebook sharing... photos... games.   Same with the new stuff.  Are they going to try to get consumers to switch to BB10 by...