or Connect

Posts by bobringer

What websites do you go to that actually use Java?  I can't remember the last time I went to a site that required Java... at all.   I'm also not sure what tech press fawns over browser based Java like you suggest.  I sure haven't seen it...  Those of us that "do" java know where it belongs.  And we know it doesn't belong in the browser... as most web sites discovered in about 2002.   Also... I don't know any users that seek out flash just for the sake of having flash on...
  There is... it's called the cancel button.       On another note...   There's nothing wrong with having Java on your machine... if you're running desktop apps from trusted sources (such as Eclipse), it's a perfectly valid application platform.   The issue is browser based apps from untrusted sources that run automatically.  An argument could (and should) be made that developers should be using alternatives when building browser based apps.  HTML5 and straight up...
Um... how does this story have anything to do with why Apple would be up or down today? A story about strange trade for $1 Billion... that has nothing to do with Apple's business... And a few million $ sale by a a few executives to get out of the way of next years new tax rates (which *EVERBODY* with any massive decade long capital gains is doing). This stuff is going to cause AAPL to lose $2.5 Billion in market cap? Um... no.
  Um... analysts reported about the Microsoft deal.   Now analysts are reporting about the Apple deal.   This isn't an Apple press release... this is Shaw Wu talking to "industry sources."  The exact same as they did with Microsoft.
"and other software features" Um... as opposed to hardware features?
  Of course...   My desire to see photos from my grandmother... family on the other side of the country... mom's vacation photos...   Obviously I only care about those things to have net fame.
I have a feeling the first sentence should have read that Microsoft has a "massive to make."  That makes much more sense.  Although a "massive" from Balmer is a scary thought.
I have a "major."  In my pants.
1) Apple doesn't need to prepare developers for the release of a TV.  They need to open the API and that is all.  We already have a device that can run iOS apps on our TVs.   2) Developers are going to be all over this once they can write iOS apps for the TV.  Regardless of whether they are for the current AppleTV or some new hardware.  Unleash the power of the developer just like they have on the iPhone and iPad (and iPod)   3) The apps are going to be AMAZING....
  Since 1980, inflation adjusted federal education spending is up approximately 400%.   Results are flat.   You think the problem is that we just aren't spending enough on education?   Sigh...