or Connect

Posts by bobringer

And... what is happening now? That revenue is lost from global corporations forever WITH our current policy. I mean... look at what Microsoft does. They SELL BONDS in order to generate cash to distribute their dividends... while tends of billions sit overseas.
I am to sexy for my hat?
Grrr... They do this on a Monday morning before the market opens... after a weekend where I moved most of my short term options to cash in case Greece blew up or something. :-/ It's obviously either buyback... or more likely a dividend. Whatever Oppenheimer... whatever...
Now he's clearly just doing it for the lulz
Sometimes... when people speak with such knowledge and authority... I guess they think people won't check facts.http://www.tuaw.com/2012/01/25/lesse...ngs-statement/ Desktops Unit sales up 16 percent Revenue up 15 percent Remember... industry wide, desktop sales are getting crushed. Apple is growing desktop sales fairly significantly even in this environment, despite your "facts." Apple has made the RIGHT move shifting desktop users to the iMac... all the actual facts...
The iMac is barely holding on? There's not enough head shaking available to express my feelings about the above statement...http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._pc_sales.html We're in a world where EVERYBODY is shifting away from desktops to laptops. AIO's are the only place of strength left in the desktop world... and Apple is destroying everybody else in that market. All the facts we have in front of us go directly against the things you are saying. I'm not sure...
Yeah... I mean... just look at how the Mac market share has been destroyed because of this. Sigh... The Mac Pro is gone. Eliminated by the pure power available in iMacs now (I know... I've got a Quad i7 iMac with 16GB.) Eliminated by the simplicity of the iMac. Eliminated by the infinite expandability of Thunderbolt. The market disagrees with you... so do I.
Yeah... screw pro users. All the developers I work with that have 17" MBP's that switched to mac over the last 5 years... who needs 'em!
That's how I'm trading it... Yesterday morning I bought weekly calls on the assumption that invites would be in the next day or two. Plan on holding them through to Friday... take a LITTLE and buy way out of the money weekly's for next week ($560 maybe?) on the off chance that something groundbreaking moves the stock. But will be mostly in cash at that point waiting for the pullback which you speak of.
What I love about this... the *ONLY* thing of value left at RIM is the BES server. And they don't even bother making the Playbook part of that world. The amount of fail here is beyond belief.