or Connect

Posts by bobringer

Yeah, the hundreds and hundreds of millions (potentially BILLIONS) of dollars the Apple board just gave Tim Cook to stick around for TEN YEARS was just for show. This is idiotic...
Sigh... LED's *ARE* LCD's. The difference is whether or not the LCD is fluorescent backlit or LED backlit. There is no way Apple will release a non LED backlit TV. The iMac I'm staring at right now is an LCD. And it is LED backlit.
Yeah... you guys in California do a bang up job picking your governors. Well done...
WebOS is loaded up with lots of good patented stuff. I'd imagine Apple could buy WebOS and the related patents for in the neighborhood of $1 Billion. That's a few days worth of profit... and adds significantly to their arsenal to go after Google with.
And this is why God invented Tim
This story is 100% incorrect. The ORIGINAL headline said "stand" (I think it was AP). They corrected it to say something like, "I stayed on the board as long as I could until I couldn't stay anymore." He went on to praise his time on the Apple board and it was clear that he "left" for competitive reasons and not because he "couldn't stand" being on Apple's board.
Agree on all points. re: #3. You're absolutely right and I missed that because I hadn't seen his first statement. I was trying to read about the white iPhone 4 and the conversation devolved quickly to the point where I skimmed too much of it and missed the critical post. Also... I don't think Godwin's Law is necessary anyway because the posters that set me over the top have moved on anyway.
Well... I will say that I wasn't the one that said this. Reading back through the thread, I'm sure I did overgeneralize... but I don't think anyone can say there wasn't over the top political correctness going on (again, not from everybody).The real problem is that the conversation started WITHOUT anything remotely sexist. I mean, not even close... mstone made an observation that would have been obvious to Stevie Wonder. Post #18, Prof. Peabody started with the...
Well done mstone... I tend to agree. iPhone 3, my wife got the white one and I got the black for many of the reasons discussed when this thread was on track. Straight up fashion difference. re: white iPhone 4: I'd think it wouldn't really drive new sales (much) but the disposable income women that DO care about fashion could switch up the black iPhone 4 to a white one. Should provide SOME help to what's going to be a very solid quarter anyway.
Actual question for the PC crowd (that I pretty harshly went after in my last post ;-) ) I am actually curious to know the honest answer to this. Is it sexist to even ASK if differences between men and women and their take on fashion have any place in the conversation about how and who the white iPhone will sell to?