or Connect

Posts by bobringer

Most people came here to talk about the release of the white iPhone. Seems there were a whole lot of people wearing the "PC God" badge on their sleeve. It's like they were checking in to foursquare to make sure they got enough in to get their "PC Badge" of the day. So... glad to see you finally started to crack down on this now.
The political correctness in this thread is beyond incredible. I've not commented either way on this, but people are LOOSING THEIR F'ING MINDS over THIS statement: "Genetic issues might only account for a very small percentage, but there are slight differences between the male brain VS female brain and there are also hormonal issues involved." My god, really? You people are lunatics to lose your mind over this and calling it sexist. It's like the world exists in one...
Apple sold 18+ million iPhones last quarter. Corporate activations for iOS are double that of Android. Explain to me again how this is a "fu**ing disaster?"
The budget isn't 4 1/2 months late... the fiscal year started in October and the budget should have been done long before that. The Democrats had control of the White House, Senate (basically a supermajority with GOP liberals like Lindsey Graham and Scott Brown) and the House. Barack, Harry and Nancy did nothing because they were paralyzed by an electorate that wanted nothing to do with their party's policies anymore.Also... Bill Clinton was an absolute moderate. Obama...
mstone, absolutely. I am a died in the wool Republican until they address technology issues. They were/are wrong about Microsoft 15 years ago and they are wrong here. The GOP mistakingly believes there is a free market in content distribution. There is NOT. There is ZERO competition. I have Cablevision. I have no other option. I need to use their GARBAGE cable box and where I want to use a Tivo box, my service is crippled on that box (limit # of HD channels). It is...
Yep... my video from Apple streams instantly. The bottleneck is not @ Apple.
The government would ALLOW apple to make a small profit? How kind of you... I thought Apple was a charity and the shareholders understood this. This sort of thinking is absolutely toxic.Also... so if we got rid of the military, you think we should use that money on iPads for every child in the world instead of say... Job training for their parents? Mosquito nets to prevent malaria?Next thing you know... people will start calling for a union at Noodles Restaurants...
WHOA! Easy their chief. My group develops cutting edge (server side) enterprise java applications. I could not do this nearly as efficiently without a Mac. I could not do this at all without Java on my Mac. My organization has a good dozen developers running $3,000 Macs because they are the perfect platform to for this high end enterprise development. 5 years ago, all those developers were running Solaris boxes. BECAUSE Apple's Java support has improved so much over...
Apple makes many billions of dollars every quarter on their "closed" Mac. I absolutely love my vertically integrated MacBook Pro and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the same machine if it were made by Michael Dell and HIS ego. So... Apple makes a ton of profit on a product people absolutely love. What's the problem here again Netgear? Got some Cisco envy?
Yes, but your post was dead on and had links to back it up ;-)