or Connect

Posts by bobringer

The government would ALLOW apple to make a small profit? How kind of you... I thought Apple was a charity and the shareholders understood this. This sort of thinking is absolutely toxic.Also... so if we got rid of the military, you think we should use that money on iPads for every child in the world instead of say... Job training for their parents? Mosquito nets to prevent malaria?Next thing you know... people will start calling for a union at Noodles Restaurants...
WHOA! Easy their chief. My group develops cutting edge (server side) enterprise java applications. I could not do this nearly as efficiently without a Mac. I could not do this at all without Java on my Mac. My organization has a good dozen developers running $3,000 Macs because they are the perfect platform to for this high end enterprise development. 5 years ago, all those developers were running Solaris boxes. BECAUSE Apple's Java support has improved so much over...
Apple makes many billions of dollars every quarter on their "closed" Mac. I absolutely love my vertically integrated MacBook Pro and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be the same machine if it were made by Michael Dell and HIS ego. So... Apple makes a ton of profit on a product people absolutely love. What's the problem here again Netgear? Got some Cisco envy?
Yes, but your post was dead on and had links to back it up ;-)
There's certainly reason to preannounce. An announcement 2 days before Motorola announces their Android based tablet would certainly take all the wind out of Motrola's sales. Or... how about make the announcement on the day the Playbook is released? Apple has a habit of taking a big fat dump on competitors announcements in this way. Last year was a whole lot of fun watching them punt to Balmer... let Balmer commit to his crap product on stage, and then a week later say...
Then why did they announce the iPad in January last year? Assumptions as to why Apple quit MW are just that. Assumptions. I certainly agree (to assume) that Apple doesn't want to be FORCED into a schedule and that's likely ONE of the reasons they pulled out of MW. I certainly don't think it was "we don't want to ever release products in January." It was the forced nature of MW.
I hear Microsoft is ramping up production of the Kinect to 1.6 Million units per month, while the New Jersey Cranberry Association is CUTTING production to 1.6 Million pounds of cranberries.
Yep...At the end of the day, looking at the original story. Is this not just completely laughable? How can you look at Apple and AAPL and think they just don't have the interest of shareholders in mind? For the past 10+ years, I've seen Jobs say the exact same thing everytime he's asked about the share price. "We don't worry about share price. We worry about making great products that people want and we believe that if we do that, the share price will follow."Sounds...
So, the people that invested in Enron weren't idiots... they just needed to be protected by the government. HOWEVER, the people that lost all their money in Fanny/Freddy stocks were idiots? We're talking stocks here now if you want to continue comparing apples to apples. Punishing everybody for the acts of a few does nobody any good. There were already laws on the books to make what Enron did illegal. You want to make everybody else guilty until proven innocent.
Public companies just "have to do what they are told." By who? By a 2% shareholder? Apple must bow down everytime a 2% shareholder says "do what you are told."? Or, is it the GOVERNMENT that should just always tell companies how they should be run? You can go to Cuba or Venezuela if you want that.