or Connect

Posts by Pastor_Mac

Did PB 5 get pulled again? 
Is not installing correctly on my MacBook 6,1 w/ El Capitan Public Beta 4 (15a243b). Downloads and says Installing. Stops short then says Installed. Immediately asks to Install and starts to download all over again. Meanwhile, I've got several instances, so Software Update says, of successful installs of iTunes 12.2.2
Well, the Apple Insider app works again in PB2. Immediately crashed in PB1. Does seem snappier on an iPhone 5 16 MB.
Yep, still hammered. Trying to get it for a MacBook Mid-2009 2.26 Core2Duo. Can't get in.
As noted earlier, Apple is hostage to The Last Mile problem.  Whatever they offer to users they have use the pipe supplied by whatever the user has available. invariably, home users are tied to telco/cableco pipes.  While ATT was forced to open access on their network to wholesalers, this as of yet hasn't been forced on the cable monopolies (that would be a game changer deluxe but that's a topic for another time) and the bundles that are offered pretty much tie up...
Seems like Dish & T-Mobile are talking about a tie-up.  I'm just tossing this on the table but Apple has little control over distribution of digital content.  They are totally bound to telco/cableco for the Last Mile problem to the home.  Seems like a decent idea to acquire an arguably similar rebel company (and John Legere is closest to His Steveness on the planet now) and make T-Mobile the in-house delivery system.  At the same time, buy the bandwidth from Charlie Ergen...
I remember when Deng came to the US in 1979 and played up the "Soviet hegemony" card.  He seemed friendly to the West as he portrayed Moscow as the common enemy of both the West & China and essentially opened the door to the West.  Knowing that Deng fell from grace and then was rehabilitated post-Mao contributed to his pitch.  The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan certainly lended credence and many in the West were encouraged to think Mainland China was lowering the Bamboo...
Is it possible part of the IBM alliance was to strengthen the iCloud infrastructure?
Can anyone explain why Apple has not added the mysterious Red Box from the old NeXT days? For those who have forgotten, Yellow Box was the Cocoa environment and Blue Box was the traditional Mac, i.e. Classic, environment. Red Box allegedly was a full Windows compatibility layer. You can't tell me that there isn't a fully functional Windows runtime environment that Apple hasn't developed in-house just begging to be added to any of the 10.3 & up OS releases for Intel...
In the great rush of slobbering speculation of new Thunderbolt hardware, one machine is noticeably absent, namely, the MacBook. It has been well over a year since it's last refresh and I'm really curious if MBs are getting phased out as the standard consumer level laptop. There was supposed to be a distinction between the MB & MBP as the P meant "Pro" so a better screen, better graphics, bigger $$. Where's the speculation on the MB?