or Connect

Posts by spliff monkey

You have to go through some hoops and wait for it to cache, but ATV2 will play 1080p. I just got the first half of my 1080p library on my server and haven't had tons of time to noodle around with it all, but if you wanna know ... it does in fact play 1080p movies. I can answer more questions as I have time to "experiment" with my setup.
He specifically referred to Android and Google. Not EVERY competitor.
the only thing I can tell from most of the previous posts is that VERY few people understand the needs of professional who need the horsepower. Expansion for example is critical for a video editor even if you have a top end video card you're going to need a slot for your "BOB" of choice wether its for FCP or avid, another slot for fiber channel or Dual channel SATA and most likely another slot for something else down the road and that's if you aren;t using a card that...
Monkey heaven. also, when are studio going to understand we don't want disks at all? Buy a disk and stream the movie? SO the disk is essentially destined to be garbage or the stream is. I'm sure they won't stream at 1080. Anyone look into it yet?
+1 Completely accurate description of the process. It is a freaky thorough update.
Seriously? My personal experience... (and all of my iPhone owning friends too) the grip of death was a myth.
It definitely does. I bought my IP4 about 4 months after it was released. When I confirmed whether or not my phones qualified for the upgrade to IP5's the sales rep chuckled and said "Definitely". But I also have 3 phones on my plan and have have been with them since IP1.
Hyperbole much. Christ, I think the point is much more reasonable than that. Being nearly everything else BUT the design was changed about the phone (hardware and software both) this is a very acceptable upgrade. Everyone thinks Apple should make business decisions based on customer wants all of the time, but they are a company and they don't. They gave their customers a really nice upgrade in almost every front AND managed to NOT waste their time retooling their...
If you're still using your 3GS and haven't actually used a 4 let alone and obviously not the 4S you have no idea what you are missing out on. The IP4 experience is far superior to the 3GS in every way.
Yup and America is still Apple's largest and if you are buying out of contract how tempted are you to spend nearly $1,000/ year on a new phone even if you aren't tied to a contract? If you're ok with that you do what I do and have two iPhone plans and upgrade one phone every other year. I'm pretty sure I am as well as those who would buy a new phone out of contract EVERY year are few and far between.