or Connect

Posts by spliff monkey

As other have pointed out, Disk Utility has had these features long before the patent inception and here we have another patent suit headed for the trash bin. What a waste of time. I was actually surprised it was satire.
Such a weak argument. The bottom line is information can be abused no matter it's criminality. Would you want anyone outside of your family to know about your divorce or financial troubles or health problems? Employers have been known to wrongfully dismiss individuals based on such issues and though the plaintiff often wins in such cases, the damage has been done and you can't get back your time spent in litigation. Sometimes things are just private and personally I...
I believe there is already an app on the store that will show you historical images using AR. It looked like fun, but didn't seem like I would ever use it beyond the first 5 minutes.
I don't see the current "patent wars" as the end of innovation or anything to be depressed over. It's obvious that the laws weren't quick enough to catch up (as always) and these court cases will resolve the issues (or at least begin to set precedent). Eventually the industry will settle down. This is a good thing in the long run.
How is it a great move? The just spent $12B on a "antiquated" company (albeit one with a rich patent portfolio), entered a field they are not familiar with (manufacturing) and pissed off their licensees in the process. Seems like another reason for OEM's to flock to MSFT. MSFT has a much better mobile OS anyway. I think this will tank for Google.
Not even the end of WW!! Please. It's f-ing store. Only capitalists would get this excited over another opportunity to spend money quicker. It wasn't that long ago that all of our Apple purchases were done through catalogues and the internet. To this day I still purchase my apple gear from the web. The apple store "premiums" are ridiculous and the the support is generally useless if you have any computer skills what so ever.
I was wondering the same thing. From what I can tell it's the later. Companies love to lock you in to their system. \ Too bad to because a real world phone would be BADA. Although if anyone could put the telecoms in check it might be Apple.
I loved my turbo GFX16 and the portable gaming device (Lynx?) that used the same cartridges as the console. Loved the thin cartridges. PS Samsung is grasping at straws.
Yes we have already argued it. The most reasonable and knowledgeable contributors to the argument made the case that it was actually quite reasonable for an electronic distribution model when the chain follows as such... publisher - Apple - Subscriber. It turned out to be less of a deal for Amazon and others when the chain was publisher - Amazon - Apple - User. In this case there was an extra middle man in the chain. I don't believe Apple ever intended to provide and...
You sound personally invested. Does someone in your family own Samsung? Was Samsung your ex who's runoff with another guy? WTF? Spite? It's business.