or Connect

Posts by spliff monkey

admactanium and FreeState obviously haven't seen the Wacom Cintiq Tablets http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm I have on and have been using it for about two years now. It was expensive but it works very well
Paleeease!!!! With all of the rumors circulating around during the MOTO days and did we see a change. Things at IBM are not nearly as bad as they were with MOTO and you guys are still mongering the possibility of a switch. Obviously all of the ship manufacturers have hit a solid wall. No one is getting good performance out of anything beyond 3GHZ. It'll take allot of innovation to get beyond that barrier and in the mean time everyone is looking for sidesteps like MP and MC...
jnrjr79, Sounds like there's something else going on. Do you run your book from the ac adapter all the time? What's your charge/ discharge cycle like? If you're not exaggerating it shouldn't be happening. What sort of battery did you replace the original with? Within 6 month's any difference in runtime should be negligible to the point of being imperceptible. Though true enough after a year unless your charging habits allow for proper conditioning of the battery you...
ATI Supports Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Extensive Line of Hardware and Software Products. http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2004/4790.html What gives! Apple, don't let us down.
The logistics of bringing innovation to the market, keeping costs down, making it easy to use, great design and overall marketability have always held us (humanity) back. Today's market makes it even scarier for large companies to release new products, especially with R&D, manufacturing and marketing costs. Personally I don't think Apple will delve into this market, despite the obvious fact that we all want Apple to make something, because we feel they'll make it best....
I agree I think that if they did ever release anything it should be something like a "headless client" and it has to integrate into existing home theater rigs, standard component size and should have a remote control. Niveus is using media center software for thier unit, very pricey, but also vary capable, high def, and two SD streams and it can record all three at the same time, and a slew of other impressive specs. I was considering buying one myself, (if i can put...
Frankly I'm suprised at how much thought everyone has given to this topic. Obviously I'm not the only Mac user who's thinking along these lines; COOL! Though I'm sure "Apple" doesn't read these forums themselves perhaps they've seen the interest thier audience has in such a device/ software combo.
Editing the recorded shows would be kind of silly I agree, (except for editing out commercials but we can do that already) but by the same token people really like to have control over their media libraries. Itunes really changed the way people listen to music. It's great because it's not like other hadn't been making mp3 software and players before, Apple just did a great job of making accessible to the "layman". I've used many of the DVR's, DVD Writers, tried recording...
You're kidding! ;-) leave it to Microsoft to take a great idea and make a mediocre product. The PC's themselves though have many great features including 7.1 Surround Sound, very large hard drive etc. and multistream SD/ HD signal streaming. Also, I think the important thing is not that MS sucks (we already know that) rather it's more about the impact such a move may or may not have on Apple's offerings. Lot's of people buy crappy PC's, use them and like them allot...
Microsoft just announced the third edition of Windows XP Media Center. I'm ready to buy one myself since Apple doesn't at this time offer anything of the sort, nor are they currently "a good choice" in gaming machines. They are of course bound to compete, they should I'd way rather have an Apple branded box running at the heart of my entertainment system, but with what, a new machine, fancier Ipods or more upgrade options for current products like the Imac. It's not like...