or Connect

Posts by spliff monkey

Wasn't there a rumor involving something about apple patenting an "OLED-esque" skin for thier cases not too long ago. "Mood Macs" cool
Uh I have my mac mini driving my 42 HD plasma display and it looks great with excption of the overscanning. The only other thing I feel like I need is a bluray burner but I'm sure we'll see those in the spring ish 07 revision. Apple doesn't NEED a dvr though, higher rez downloads, streaming, I don't know but as far as I'm concerned the macmini is only about 2 steps away from making the media canter leap even if front row sucks(and it does) I rip my VD's to hard disk and or...
i held this mag in my hands are these guys printing bs? Geuss ishouldn't be suprised that ilet a fake under my radar
Just saw in Electronic gaming monthly that Apple is getting ready to release igame at the end of the year. True? Anyone know anything about this ?It's supposedly a fully functioning ipod as well. Download the games using the itunes music store and viola! I searched and found no other topics sorry if you guys are already aware. Next Christmas season perhaps? here's the pick as reported by electronic Gaming....
That hurts! Ok fine were talking about editing dv footage, but given the price points on the imac I can't figure out why you'd buy a headless mac, spend tons on ram (I know I did) because it's not user serviceable so you got to buy apples ram, extra money on a keyboard and monitor. Granted there are people that already own a keyboard and mouse and monitor but in terms of keeping up with the tech the mac mini is not going to go the distance, nor are you getting the best...
Who the hell is going to run motion on a mac mini? If you guys are trying to work ike that you will be dissappointed! No doubt about it. If you need "pro" features you'd shoud at least startoff with an imac and in truth for 3d and anything other than sd dv footage, you need a tower. Bottome line the mac mini is for your living room. It's not for games nor is it for productions work. I just bought one of the core duos for my home theater rig cuz it seems like apple is...
I hope so "PROMAC" the happy mac that convinces you it's actually going to make your life fulfilled!
Ya'll are crazy! mechengit your really crazy man! You take things way to seriously (and that's coming from a very serious guy) but thanks for all of the info! Sincerely! I have a much better understanding of the scenario now, cell, power 6, G6 etc. still seems a viable alternative, in whatever variant it would incarnate itself, but it still depends where the money is being invested. I guess that's the reason for my question, why are computer users always being "held back?"...
MY point was obviously missed. Many have told me and others on these boards (somewhat overconfidently) that you's never see cell in a desktop and or server. Well here they are! Any reason apple couln't or wouldn't make this work? Please I just want to know whay my next "PowerMac" won't be using this technology, rendering entire cities in real time. OMFG how could that not be appealing. Obviously I'm ignorant to the tecchnical/ political reasons why not but I'm not dumb...
well well well IBM cell chips in blade servers huh? Who said it wouldn't happen? Sucka's I assume that since it's PPC that it'll run linux? here's the linky... IBM Cell Blades What do ya'll make of that?