or Connect

Posts by spliff monkey

You're kidding! ;-) leave it to Microsoft to take a great idea and make a mediocre product. The PC's themselves though have many great features including 7.1 Surround Sound, very large hard drive etc. and multistream SD/ HD signal streaming. Also, I think the important thing is not that MS sucks (we already know that) rather it's more about the impact such a move may or may not have on Apple's offerings. Lot's of people buy crappy PC's, use them and like them allot...
Microsoft just announced the third edition of Windows XP Media Center. I'm ready to buy one myself since Apple doesn't at this time offer anything of the sort, nor are they currently "a good choice" in gaming machines. They are of course bound to compete, they should I'd way rather have an Apple branded box running at the heart of my entertainment system, but with what, a new machine, fancier Ipods or more upgrade options for current products like the Imac. It's not like...
This is the coolest one I've seen yet, it's a bit pricey, but it supports fairly large displays up to 23" (or 18lbs whichever is more helpful). http://www.ergotron.com/3_products/f...ex/default.asp There's also this one... http://www.marathoncomputer.com/pixarm.html But it's kinda clunky in comparison. Then there are these... http://lcdarms.com/LCDarms/apple.asp Belckgh! but whatever works for you, there have been other threads on this topic try a search...
Please, Motion on an Imac? I don't understand how someone who can't afford even a good used powermac could ever afford the production suite. I have a feeling that we're talking about pirated software here aren't we? Motion and FCP HD don't belong on an imac period! If you're going to school make sure they have the gear to properly teach the course. If they don't you're probably at the wrong school. Besides there are other titling options available, just look for...
It's a great design given the challenges the design team faced... had we not already been teased with the killer ergonomics of the old imac design it would seem more appealing but I think we've lost some elegance in the new design and personally I don't think it was the besttrade off. I'm thinking this design won't be around very long.
In terms of increaese usability does anyone out there want a tablet-esque, type of interface? Personally I like the idea but so many people have spoken out against Apple making a tablet. Does it make it more appealing to have a dock for your keyboard and Hard Drive interface. what about a stylus? Prople don't seem to think that would work well for thier needs either. What's the general consensus on such innovations?
pscates "No one really polled you, so I'll decide how much to pursue, or not pursue, something. We clear on that?" Yeah, it's quite clear that you're a jerk! since you have no reason to take that tone with me. No one polled me? Please, my oppinion is just as valid as yours "herr mac nazi" I was only more interested in talking about future designs as apposed to your anal retentive, obsessive compulsive desire to make everything in life perfect, according to your vision....
pscates, it's a mock- up, give the "I" thing a rest Ok?
Amazing design concept. It's what so many have been trying to get at, portability with great performance, a touch screen for away from the desk use and a natural, easy to use dock with a traditional keyboard and mouse interface. I don't think there'll be too many people complaining about the video card with this sort of design, it's so utilitarian in so many great ways and plays very well into Apple's strong suits right now and very compelling for switchers! Really good...
What makes you think anodized aluminum doesn't scratch? I have had more than a few experiences with anodized racing components and they look great, but they do scratch and the scratches look terrible because they reveal bare aluminum which contrasts heavily with the colors. If your concerned about appearences, I wouldn't think this would be a good thing.