or Connect

Posts by spliff monkey

As far as the pot "diss" I'm alright with that, I've had that handle for about ten years now and you get used to people going for the easy shot, specially when they have nothing to add to the discussion. @home I don't disagree with the fact that Apple users are wanting to consume media. I was just looking at Apple from the standpoint of the Steve Jobs we all love to hate. For years he had been quoted as disliking the merger of TV and PC. So we all thought it would...
I'm Not sure what to say about @homenow's thoughts. I mean TIVO has announced that you will soo be able to record and download any content from their DVR's to the Ipod V. That kind of puts apple out of the delivery game right there it sounds simpler than anything apple would be able to release. Perhaps they should have bought the company when they had a chance. I think rather that Apple would be better served focusing their energy on organizing and viewing content rather...
From a software point of view, allot of pro software uses altivec and porting over the altivec instructions to intel's vector engine is what I've been told will be the most difficult part of the transition. Any app that doesn't use altivec is an easy port otherwise it'll take time. Further, there's the issue of the RAW power of the power PC. Overall for a pro it's a better chip. OVERALL. It's not the fastest at every task but when it comes to the intense stuff it's a...
Well the Itunes motorola phone is not a rumor nor is it vapourware, it's just not out yet though it has been made more or less official. It has many of the features you speak of but I'm not sure if browsing the web is going to be any better or not though I assume not. Bluetooth, wifi and an sd card had all been metnioned in the specs I had seen but no is going to confirm until it is released.
Obviously allot of people have never worked on a tablet because you can't compare a mouse on any level. The tablet is far superior to the mouse for painting and drawing. Not to mention other input devices for 3d which allow you to work in a subtractive process more like sculpting than in an additive process. And what about a Newton-esque device with character recognition. Ever try to type while you holding you laptop? It doesn't work! Perhaps I do work differently than most.
I was very anti tablet for years as well but I would never go back to a mouse ever again, never! Give one a try some time.
admactanium and FreeState obviously haven't seen the Wacom Cintiq Tablets http://www.wacom.com/lcdtablets/index.cfm I have on and have been using it for about two years now. It was expensive but it works very well
Paleeease!!!! With all of the rumors circulating around during the MOTO days and did we see a change. Things at IBM are not nearly as bad as they were with MOTO and you guys are still mongering the possibility of a switch. Obviously all of the ship manufacturers have hit a solid wall. No one is getting good performance out of anything beyond 3GHZ. It'll take allot of innovation to get beyond that barrier and in the mean time everyone is looking for sidesteps like MP and MC...
jnrjr79, Sounds like there's something else going on. Do you run your book from the ac adapter all the time? What's your charge/ discharge cycle like? If you're not exaggerating it shouldn't be happening. What sort of battery did you replace the original with? Within 6 month's any difference in runtime should be negligible to the point of being imperceptible. Though true enough after a year unless your charging habits allow for proper conditioning of the battery you...
ATI Supports Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Extensive Line of Hardware and Software Products. http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2004/4790.html What gives! Apple, don't let us down.