or Connect

Posts by spliff monkey

Not absolutely. If we could make some exchanges (producer or Director to editor for example) using proxies (it was noted by someone on this forum that iOS already supports prorez i think) then it could be a very useful tool. There is "online" collaborative software available that don't offer a whole hell of allot in terms of function, but they are useful when working remotely. Perhaps this will tie into the cloud as well. Other than that iMovie is perfectly capable on the...
I now we're talking about a rez beyond 1080, but if it's such a strain to run high rez on an ipad that it requires a new chip, why can I stream 1080 to my old iPad 1? I thought it was remarkable when I tried it and it worked. Obviously it's not supposed to. I wondered if its possible that it resamples it during the stream, but the really high bit rate RIPS from my collection won't stream. Seems to max out around 10MB/s for h264. I still haven't tried loading a 1080 RIP of...
Avid DS has been 64 bit since 2007. What a wonderful system. There was no real transition to speak of. Media composer V5.5 is said to be the last version of Avid in 32 bit.
FCPX is obviously a better program. I think it's good for Adobe to package the software into a production suite for anyone not so much into editing, but may have the occasional need to do some basic editing or capture. Especially for people like Motion graphics artists, but to compare Premier even to FCPX would be a hard sell for Adobe. Editors know better and honestly the learning curve from FCP7 to Premier is probably steeper potential "switcher" than from FCP7 to...
Aww that was gonna be my post.
Yes and there's also a software only version of Avid DS for $10k. Full compatibility, all extended features supported, (red, raw, DPX, Arri raw, 2k 4k etc etc.) just no hardware, but you can always add it later and it's a perfect solution for an offline edit suite or a laptop on set. Avid Media composer kicks ass too (for the price). Thank god they got rid of that horrid DV express. What a POS. On topic, I guess it's an official "disaster" for Apple.
I know you didn't. But it bears consideration that usually conventions serve us, sometimes they don't. In this case I don't think the ideas or conventions in FCP7 are detrimental. Apple are just being... well Apple with their overzealous belief that they do ALL things better. Really they know all of the polish on FCPX isn't worth what they could have done under the hood in FCP7. Editing conventions represent a common shared language. Like I said why haven't we thrown out...
So we should be ashamed of the lineage because it's part of history? We should throw away the terminology and the foundational concepts because they are "old"? I'd hate to live in your world. No one would be able to get anything done. I suppose we should get rid of the english language too? Or all language for that matter and start with a new visual based language for everyone because it's better? No one has replaced the qwerety keyboard yet either. nor have we really...
MSTONE! Good post and BTW I bought 2 copies. We DID kinda send them over the edge huh? oops. Addabox has some great thoughts, but personally I do think there is something a bit visceral in this issue to. Maybe we all have abandonment issues, but one has to admit that it's just a bit ironic that the software that basically redefined Apple's prowess in a professional sense (adobe had already dominated DTP and photography) would be stripped down. The question is of course...
I agree 100%. My frame of reference is always "Lost in Translation" for a great success. I think they made it for $5 and grossed $44 mil. Opening week USA and they made back almost 1/4 of their total budget.