or Connect

Posts by Maltz

Yes it can, I've done it several times.  (I'm not sure I've done it since 8.4 came out, but surely they haven't removed the ability?) Hold the phone near the NFC reader, and it automatically wakes up and asks for fingerprint.  At the bottom of the screen is my list of non-default cards.  I choose one of them and then use Touch ID to complete the transaction on the non-default card.  The phone remains locked.
1)  Yeah, they kind of jumped the gun, but that is where everyone is headed fairly soon. 2)  This is SOP for Apple.  Apple is doing well to even let you know there WAS an error, and Microsoft just spits out gibberish (but at least there's an error number you can google)  I wish one of them would figure out a middle ground. 3)  Allowing the use of a key that can be cracked in seconds by a *single* modern CPU is arguably worse than no encryption at all.  (False sense of...
Oops!  Fixed.http://arstechnica.com/security/2015/05/https-crippling-attack-threatens-tens-of-thousands-of-web-and-mail-servers/
This isn't just Apple... it's industry-wide.  It was found that some *highly* insecure keys were still supported in OpenSSL as a holdover from when strong encryption was illegal to export from the US, and with a little work, it might be possible to get .  So these keys were considered fairly weak in the mid 90's; you can imagine how useless they are today.  So the servers that "broke" are not only using the old, useless keys... they aren't even capable of using the newer,...
Trademarks don't work that way; they're very specific.  Apple could (and did) trademark "Apple Pay", but that doesn't protect them from other brands using that naming pattern. They could *try* to trademark the word "Pay" but I'm sure that wouldn't fly because it's too generic and already commonly used for the process of exchanging currency for goods and services.  (A company can actually even lose an existing trademark if the term becomes too commonly and generically...
Because Apple doesn't own the trademark for "Android" or "Samsung".  They would be sued and swiftly lose, just as any other cybersquatter would.
 Um, this might be news to Tim Cook:  http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-ceo-tim-cook-on-the-nsa-2014-1
Well, that is the first time I've ever heard any kind of date, so there is that, but... the end of the year?!?  That's even after the October EMV deadline (which they already support - I have a Discover card with an EMV chip in it).  Oh well, as I've said... I've moved on.
There is not. Citi® Double Cash Card
Discover has mostly lost me as a customer over this.  I used to charge *everything* to that card, then just pay it at the end of the month for the cash back.  After a couple of months of the repetitious "we're talking to Apple" runaround, I started card shopping and found Citi's Double Cash card, which supports ApplePay and has 2% cash back on everything instead of Discover's 1%.  Now I use Citi's card for almost everything, and only use the Discover for the 5%...