or Connect

Posts by asdasd

Some lad called Jim had an issue.
My solution the the ATV licensing issues which I mentioned before would be. 1) produce an EPG API. 2) when TV player apps are installed they can write their schedule to the EPG 3) The TV app shows the schedules for the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 etc. there would also be other non live content and you can search for specific Netflix (etc) content within this app. 4) a request to start the show launches the installed app on the correct page. The back button goes back to the main...
@relic. This is not for you. You are sorted. You're a top 1% techie. It's for the rest.
If tidal got a letter they can publish it. If not Apple should sue for slander.
Apple will get these guys to port to the ATV. Will it be IAP driven. Yes. Will this upset big game developers and traditional console game devs. No. They'll just change their model or ignore the platform. That model grew over the history of the iPhone and allowed game houses to make more money than up front. It was their response to the "let everything be free" brigade and although annoying it works. Apple has lots of big game devs on the iOS platform as it is.They...
Apple have an API for game controllers in iOS for two years now. Some iPhones apps use itSee above. An API already exists.That's a 10 fold difference either way. I really didn't think that would be the case. I suppose Apple could use a high end separate gpu, and/or increase the number of A8 chips in the ATV.I don't think it will be cheap. To power a 4K device for games will take power. The existing product will come in at $99 and be crap and I expect it will have different...
FLOPS eh.
I really don't see why they can't compete with consoles. Apple can gets loads of performance from their custom chips and custom language (metal). Which is another API which points to this ATV rather than the iPhone.
The wow factor will be Siri. The TV will be a TV in the sense that the iPhone is a phone. Not really. It's a connected device. A computer. Music player. Newspaper. Etc.How's my stock doing Siri?Play some light music Siri.What's the news today Siri.Play a friends episode, the one where Ross was annoying Siri.Play Clash of clans.Open the garage door.Integration between iTunes video, streaming other video from any source they can, apple music, Siri search, home kit, wolfram,...
Rogers seemed to be in charge of the beats music station at Apple. Not my cup of tea but fairly successful by all accounts. Of course eddy cue is involved in the look and feel of iTunes and apple music. That's his job. It's two apps ( three if you think desktop iTunes is a different app). Designers present ideas, he signs off. He probably also tests the app. Managers who don't are worthless. Not that I rate eddy.My guess. Americans are amazed when we prefer Blighty or...