or Connect

Posts by asdasd

You, and that site, don't really understand how to measure wealth or income distribution. I expect the stats are way out of date particularly since I put in $1000 and got into the top 50% but except for sub-Saharan Africa nearly every country in the world has a GDP per capita higher than $1000. India is about $6000 per person, China is effectively a middle income country. I think it's $11k this year.The other problem is this. You can't measure power distributions by...
It's also reminiscint of Apple 1996-2001
Weak quarter though.
The gloating here is a bit off.
Rich is indeed relative. However wealth is a power distribution. The real rich (the super rich) are the only possible market for a $17k item that is obsolete next year. The top 1-2 %.A millionaire would be careful on that. Someone earning $100k and paying tax, mortgage or rent -- he's not getting one unless he's stashed away some wealth and has no significant future outgoings.Lots of people here saying "you are not the market for this" when the pricing is criticised....
It's the 400 year old tech which holds it's value, precisely because it is 400 year old. The price is for the materials, the brand,  the design, and the status.  Whether the Watch edition competes at that level is to be seen. I am sure the lesser priced Watches will do fine, however. Particularly in a few generations, although I am going to get a sport just to see whats up. Over time I think Apple will dominate middle level 
I agree with your last sentence and feel free to stop yammering. As for the rest.1) of course poor people and rich people exist.2) this discussion is on the watch edition and not the watch in general so the rest of your marketing speak isn't relevant to either my point or the thread.
More heat than light here. The fact is most people here won't know what is going to happen, and I'll take your stories about your quick purchases of Mercedes with a pinch of salt. Asymco recently made a good point - the super rich are all the same. Basically same limited number of car makes, same vacation spots, same clothing. So if this watch becomes the in thing it will be big. The middle classes are more diverse. Will the Apple watch edition get into that limited set...
Don't sell the house/trailer just for that watch. There are cheaper watches.
There is no way that they would incorporate this as fast as all that. I too would prefer that CoreData didn't use sqlite if thats what is up. Most people use it for object graph persistence, not anything relational.