or Connect

Posts by asdasd

I didn't say it was rational. however investors always assume that outsized margins reduce over time and don't take the specifics into account.
Nobody has seen the movie except a few reviewers and a few thousand people in NY.
It's useful if you do want to go back to where you came from. Annoying otherwise. The solution is to go to the home screen and back again. They should really make it disappear if you double click to show the app list and click back to the same app.
It's fairly common to gauge interest in this way for non-block buster movies. 
By the way, once you hire enough good people from company A, then other people will more easily leave company A to work with their friends and colleagues. You can end up with the same teams more or less if this takes off.
I don't always agree with SOG but he is correct on this one. If the work is similar why would people work for the company with no money, an possibly few prospects, rather than the one with money? Why would the worst people join Apple, why wouldn't Apple know that these people were fired ( in the interview or in the hiring process). Its much more likely that Apple is head hunting Tesla engineers, paying them stupid money, and they are leaving for Apple for the same kind of...
Hes not even quoting economics 101 because economics assumes that the market always fairly prices stock, and has perfect information. Which is nonsense. You need to get to a PHD level in economics before the tell you that markets aren't perfect and can have bubbles.  And value != price. Singularity should have said "The price of any stock is what someone is prepared to pay on any given time point.", which is of course tautological. Its not true that value == price. 
I like Musk but of course its fairly easy to see he is spoofing here. Does he really fire that many people, and do they all then go to Apple? If so how come Apple never noticed at the interview stage, or the during the HR checks that their new employee was out of work for a month or two?  Of course these people were hired from Tesla, probably head hunted, while still at Tesla. The only thing I can believe is that Tesla might have fired people from even talking to Apple, if...
Yes the stock is under valued but the market assumes future commoditisation of the iPhone. I bet the iPad figures are spooking them as well. The rest of Apples lineup is relatively chump change.Will they be convinced if this scheme works? I think they might. let's see next years figures.That said I won't go back into the stock until Apple has a quarter of low or negative growth yoy which might happen next Q before this leasing scheme full takes off. That will collapse the...
I reserve the right to hate sorkins movie (I'll wait until I see it) but of course jobs was like this. He was the anti-CEO CEO. Just look at the publically available WWDC session from 1997/98. It's full on plain speaking. No corporate bull. No reality distortions. And I'm sure internal speeches were the same.