or Connect

Posts by asdasd

It's a developer beta. Not a public beta.There really is no need to install these unless the release notes fix a problem you need fixed or you need the API if there are any new. Installing the pre .0 beta makes sense as there are lots of new API devs need. Even then you are better off waiting for a later beta.Apples testing is getting worse but if you download a .x beta then you are responsible.
It's a beta.
 That choppiness on re-install is a big issue. It is generally the indexer which is running for Spotlight - the notorious MDWorker(s). The modern OS warns about the choppiness but apparently they can't fix it, to index the disk takes a lot of time and CPU.
The whole blaming of 3rd party applications for OS flaws is dumb. A 3rd party app isn't causing wifi problems, or crashes in the Finder, or anything else which is OS based.
 Sorry thats not the way an OS can be released. It's true that features should be tested as added during the cycle, but that for internal and  beta testers. A website is far less complex, and most importantly, can be A/B tested and the older website can be restored immediately.  Also an OS needs integration across all it's parts. New applications need new API to function, but those API could cause problems elsewhere.
Don't expect the defend Apple at all costs posters here to understand what you are talking about. You are right of course. Apple had to fix it so it was their bug. The extensions shouldn't crash the hosting ( or the container) app since they run in a different process.
This API is not the full deal as the app need to run most of the code on the phone But for now it's good enough.
Sounds like I am sticking with iOS 7.whateverI have for a while.
OTA means over the Air. I should have possibly rewrote that entire sentence though.  I think things are a bit different now. Firstly a patch to get 7.5 released on a new Mac back in the day  -- the 7.5.x release, or whatever --  was of course tested on all existing Macs. I bet however that since Apple was less event driven ( Macworld excepted) the hardware waited on the software. A crash was a blocker. Something not working at all was a blocker. After all there were lots...
Sure but that was a patch I.e system 7.5.1 which most people wouldn't have bothered with. iOS 8 is released for all devices and OTA on a date which is decided weeks or months before.