or Connect

Posts by asdasd

Sounds like I am sticking with iOS 7.whateverI have for a while.
OTA means over the Air. I should have possibly rewrote that entire sentence though.  I think things are a bit different now. Firstly a patch to get 7.5 released on a new Mac back in the day  -- the 7.5.x release, or whatever --  was of course tested on all existing Macs. I bet however that since Apple was less event driven ( Macworld excepted) the hardware waited on the software. A crash was a blocker. Something not working at all was a blocker. After all there were lots...
Sure but that was a patch I.e system 7.5.1 which most people wouldn't have bothered with. iOS 8 is released for all devices and OTA on a date which is decided weeks or months before.
Since Apple is releasing both OS X and iOS .0 releases to marketing event driven schedules it can't use that system anymore. The OS used to not be coupled to hardware release. iOS 8 is. Increasingly OS X is.
Or they are having problems with buggy software.
It's been crap on OS X for a long time. iOS is good though.I am also perplexed that the wifi code is so fragile. Every release something goes wrong with that.
No Apple is not a monopoly. Profit is not the criteria for being a monopoly, it's market share. As I said you can have local monopolies in situations where a company monopolises the provisions of goods or services in a city or region.
Can we take it that the opposers of net neutrality are happy with a company throttling iTunes, the services on Apple TV, the iRadio and Beats radio, because of the higher law of property rights. Or are you denying that could happen?
Of course, Apple isn't a local monopoly.
The very next sentence was me explaining that a monopoly can be private or public which is what ss disagrees with in his economically illiterate fashion.