or Connect

Posts by asdasd

It should be easy to see if this is GM 3. Check the build number. This is oddly close to the event or next week's release. I wonder will they definitely release next week. A beta program will expose bugs - which is good. But a week isn't enough time.
I think they may say "this month" instead. I haven't seen the issues on the forums but one or two should be blockers.At work I shift between 10.8,10.9 and 10.10. I do think Yosemite is gorgeous in comparison to 10.8 in particular but... needs a week or two more hardening time.
The good news is that Yosemite looks great and seems snappy enough. Although I have 8G. Bad news is there is a lot of chatter on the forums about fairly serious bugs. I think there will be one or two more releases and they probably won't release on the 16th. Which is as it should be as software shouldn't be released to an artificial schedule.
They were expecting it in the 2nd H 2014.That said you are probably right. Apple might even have been stringing them along until their filing or otherwise they would have to have warned in the August conference call. Which would have impacted Apples share price and released confidential info. Or maybe both parties in good faith thought everything hunky dory until late in the day.However that doesn't excuse going to chapter 11 without a revenue warning.
The filing said they expected to make $500M in revenue.
You're right. I read further into the 10-Q and they issued two bonds in 2013 due in 2017 and 2020 with a 3% coupon. However both are unsecured.On December 10, 2013, the Company issued $214,000 aggregate principal amount of 3.00% Convertible Senior Notes due 2020 (the “2020 Notes”). The net proceeds from the issuance of the 2020 Notes were approximately $206,530 , after deducting fees paid to the initial purchasers and other offering costs. The 2020 Notes are senior...
Not all chapter 11's end up as chapter 7's. It was designed to allow a company A that is owed revenue by company B but owes payments to C to protect itself from C for a time if B is tardy. If B eventually pays all is good. Here the major creditor is the only possible source of revenue. B and C are the same. How can the company now do anything else but chapter 7. Maybe they expect Apple to blink and pay more money than contractually obliged to avoid owning a company...
Seems like it. Which is odd since they have months to pay it back.To me they entered into this "oppressive" contract with bad intentions. The intention being to declare bankruptcy rather than meet terms. Chapter 11 can't be used to protect yourself indefinitely from your main creditor can it?
The MDSA loan was non interest baring and no doubt Apple might have renegotiated the first payment due date if GT hasn't played silly buggers.
Ok here is the opening paragraph from the 10-Q. It's fairly honest. Since the Company's subsidiary, GTAT Corp. entered into the Master Development and Supply Agreement (“MDSA”), facility lease and related agreements with Apple Inc., on October 31, 2013, the Company has expended significant capital resources in order to fund the establishment of its sapphire growth and fabrication facility in Mesa, Arizona ("the facility"). During the three and six months ended June 28,...