or Connect

Posts by asdasd

Syncing is a hard problem because if you deliberately delete contact A you want that deletion to propagate but if you, or the OS, deleted all contacts automatically you don't. A solution is some kind of recoverable trash or versioning for contacts.
Apple is commie now?I mean you are arguing against yourself there. If they can make previous paid for services free, why not make the (existing) free storage a bit bigger.
That's just quite nuts.The guy wants the integrated services on his phone to work as well as other non integrated services, and to work cross platform and he's a commie.
Nobody wants to engage very much with the policeman waving me down in London. Or the legal challenges. So let's throw another spanner in the works. Why do some cars cost so much? The answer isn't just looks, brand, fit and finish. It's horsepower. 0-60 in 2.x seconds. To buy those those cars is to buy something which would be illegal to run at 40% or more of its maximum speed. People who pay the big bucks like driving. A safe pod with no steering wheel. That's a small...
Be pretty awkward but not a bad idea for very high security documents. Patent it. You don't need tech skills. Just draw a decent wireframe.I'm very happy with touchID. A huge success for apple
The manufacturer if the handbrake is faulty. The owner if it isn't and he didn't engage.Same with brakes. You can't blame drivers for faulty brakes. Another reason why this won't work.When we have control over something we can be held responsible. If not we can't be. Without significant changes to the law -- changes which would be thrown out in court -- we would be effectively taxied about by the software. In fact driverless cars would, if they worked at all would...
Your selective quoting is not doing you any favours. I was replying to a guy who answered my thought experiment about how a driverless car couldn't recognise a cop flagging it down. he du ggested giving police forces devices to stop my car. I welcome electronic aids but want control in the final say. I want to drive as I am cleverer than a machine.Let the jury note that solipism is not replying cogently to any of the technical or legal points put to him but is engaging in...
Would make a shit getaway car.I just gave one example of a situation which has to be thought about. It's "easy" because you've be given the problem. Nevertheless your solution is human intervention. Now we have to buy all police men and all government officials these devices, hope they all work, and hope the officials use them fairly and competantky and don't stop all traffic all the time for minor events. We also have to worry about security of the devices or their...
You or someone else mentioned the "singularity". Just referring back to that.
It means the world isn't a freeway.I once drove in rush hour traffic in london where a man waved and I stopped the car. I stopped because he was a policeman and he was stopping cars because a pipe had just then burst just past where he was and left a man sized pot hole. A Google car isn't going to stop for every person waving from the sidewalk of a busy street or it will never move. To drive a car properly a human needs knowledge of the world, and real intelligence. The...