or Connect

Posts by asdasd

It's still a second class language, though. As far as I can see all the frameworks are Objective C, but can be imported into Swift projects. However that means the nomenclature of the methods or functions you are calling are different. The square brackets are gone, the init... is gone. You have to be aware of this, like xamarin. 
Runtime introspection is also a feature of Objective C. What they mean I think, is that it will decide at runtime that your variable is an int, or a double depending on what you are assigning it to. That code has still been compiled. However you can absolutely still generate compile time warnings, that’s all over the document. Therefore the final code is compiled not run on an interpreter or JIT. The playground is probably interpreted...
 The problem is Swift doesn't interoperate with C++ at all. Which means that the app has to be Objective C at least in the parts where you interoperate with the C++ layers.
Its not just a scripting language. It runs on the objective C runtime, presumably compiled at compiled time but interpreted when "scripting".
Except for the var that is available in objective C 2.0It would be:Code:NSMutableDictionary* occupations = [@{ @"Malcolm": @"Captain", @"Kaylee": @"Mechanic", } mutableCopy]; occupations[@"Jayne"] = @"Public Relations";So I suppose you do need square brackets to make the array mutable, but mostly thats the same.
That said the language has some potential pitfalls, the ease at which functions can be returned from functions. I can see that being overused. Returning tuples from functions? My solution to being able to return only one item but needing more information than a primitive was always to return a strongly typed object filled out with the needed values. I can see amateur programmers returning 100 results from a function and referencing then by index. Good lord. There is some...
It does allow easier string manipulation. Very like C#
C code ( and objective C code ) can be imported into swift modules. And swift code into obj c modules unless it has features (like tuples) which are not available on Obj C.C++ code has to be imported into swift via obj CAll to say you may be right. Going forward, if people get used to the swift syntax and it is faster, I see swift being used for UI and other prootyping and smaller apps. Will it replace objective c fully? Probably not.
Type after identifier is not the way I read. Yeah the playground is really going to promote it. I have new UI features for my application ( a Mac app) and I would use this if it integrates with the rest of the code. Although it may not be run time compatible with OS 9.We need to get a move on because recruiters are looking for 5 years experience already.
I am glad you capitalised and colorised that or I wouldn't have taken it seriously.