or Connect

Posts by asdasd

I am enjoying this debate because it's argument on facts ( or as much as we know) not ideology and I am coming around to your position but ...One last attempt to support an initial inventory of 1M.Apple sells most iPhones abroad. I believe it's 70% or so. I assume that the ratio of tier 1 countries is similar so that would - if they assumed the watch would match this distribution - leave the U.S. with 300k watches.Could they sell out of that in 5-10 minutes?
Apple are burying all watch sales in some category or other. I don't think anybody is going to work it out.
Ok. Well I don't know because I live in a tier 2 country so I didn't even try. You might be right but here's a counter argument. Let's go with the lower of my estimate. 1 million.That's 1 million divided by each model across every tier 1 country. Could that sell out in 5 minutes?( and you may have missed it but people have been saying they had an hour or two on the Apple Store app before the website got its boots on).
Rene Ritchie and Jim Dalyrmple.
The gen1 iphone sold in one country on one network to a world unfamiliar with Apples products, iPod aside. This sells to iPhone users in top tier 1 countries, installed base 100's of millions (also people from neighbouring countries booked online). If only a fraction of the iphone install base were interested millions of orders could have been made today. We don't know.Demand is probably not low. I doubt Apple had fewer than 1-2 million units ready to go.
Nice to see homeless guys get a look in.
Unless there were production issues, of course. I am not saying there were, but that might be a factor.
The UK stores are all June now. Wow Apple didn't really estimate how many orders they would get, or they had build issues. 
Oh ffs. I know that. My point is root access as a security violation is overblown. There is nothing outside my home directory which is personal to me and apps downloaded from the web can do what they want. Spawn new local processes. Read non password protected documents. Upload to servers. Get my contacts. Read my mail. Install scripts to run at login. Etc.To be totally safe the user should only download sandboxed apps from the Mac store where access to even the local...
You give them access to the local users account. Yes there are certain functions that need some re entry of that admin password but the users admin local directory is readable. Documents are readable. What most people care about is readable.