or Connect

Posts by asdasd

Apple sets up the default as admin. So probably very few people.
The whole escalating to root is overdone anyways. Since it can only be done on an admin account and only with root turned on by the admin user previously and from a logged in session in Terminal you don't gain much except access to some system folders not normally accessible. You already have the admin users info and that user can access any local account. He also has the admin users personal data as he is logged in as the admin user. Average user at home is compromised...
 I gave you  1) The IMF talking about low interest rates and bubble worries.2) A link to a clear paper on why asset prices increase with interest rate decreases. You have attacked some details of the posts but not the substance. To hell with the TIPs. The claim that rates were negative was not material to the overall claim that low interest rates cause bubbles. Which remains standard economics despite you trying to squirrel out of the argument. 
 Sure we'll accept anonymous person on the inter web over IMF warnings about bubbles. Looking up your data I see negative interest rates in 2012. Which doesn't seem like a very long time. In that time the housing market has "recovered" from it's 2008 nadir, which indicates my point.  Retail rates are really what matters, what are banks loaning at etc. I don't have all that data for the US, however its clear that interest rates in the US were historically low in the...
Here's the IMF warning about how low interest rates are right now fueling asset bubbles.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10989500/IMF-fears-ultra-low-rates-are-fuelling-asset-bubbles.htmlI suppose none if them are "academic."There are plenty of papers on interest rates and bubbles. It's a trivial outcome of cheap money that people can borrow more and push up housing prices or other asset classes bought with leverage. Added to that of course cash exits low...
And of course the housing crisis in Europe was caused by loose policy in Europe post 2001/2 until it crashed. Again no economist denies this. Loose monetary policy forces cash out of low interest deposit and saving accounts into assets, and increases consumer loans and mortgage drawdowns. http://www.economicshelp.org/wp-content/uploads/blog-uploads/2009/05/ecb-irates.gif
We are of course coming out of an asset crash caused by previously loose policy. Lowering interest rates temporarily in those situations makes sense and I support it until now.What you are ( no doubt deliberately) missing in the 2008 financial crisis - which is the real big one ( the other two did no or limited economic damage) was the low rates prior to 2007-2008.http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/FedFundsRate10YearHistory.pngPretty much...
Considering it hasn't I won't.
Yeah ok. I shouldn't have said very little true without tackling all your points. But my post was long enough :-) and the rest if your argument away not really economic so I didn't take it on.
Low interest rates cause asset bubbles. Asset bubbles collapse causing economic damage.I am no Austrian and they are wrong on QE but in general low interest rates are a very bad policy long term.