or Connect

Posts by asdasd

That is 100% correct. The reason I am quoting your entire post is because it is too tiring to do otherwise on my iPhone.To make keyboards full party citizens, Apple will have to include them with the purchase. And a mouse. Because it's the mouse which allows easy selection.This will add to the cost and if you want a mouse driven OS, or a filesystem, and a lightweight portable machine buy the new MacBook which will come down in price over time. The MacBook is the iPad pro...
To answer the first question Cook says in his conference calls that 50percent are first time users of iPads. This is why he thinks the iPad has plenty of steam. The installed base in growing rapidly.Getting them to upgrade seems to be the issue. Someday expect an iPad which has some feature which encourages people to upgrade (force touch, more ram, much more flash drive space or battery life? Or a combination) and it will take off like a...
I don't think it matters. Get the new MacBook down in price after a few years and an iPad pro is going nowhere. You see the real problem with The iPad is that it isreally no good at typing nor is it good at copying and pasting. I sometimes use dictation and that works reasonably well. The above sentence ( from " You see") was dictated but you can tell that it capitalised in the wrong space and ignored a space. In general I would go back and fix that but I left it to show...
No. The opposite is true though. That's what omitting niche content means.
In terms of maintenance hidden obscure links in IB ( not outlets but the bindings), particularly those that have little or no documentation can totally obscure the maintaining of a code base. Objective C is verbose enough to be self-documenting. A bindings project ( just download one from Apple) is full of hidden bits which need the coder to write a few page of documentation in their own project to explain what is going on, which most don't. In the absence of doing that...
 By and large bindings are a maintenance nightmare. And Core Data is a beast of an API. It's not as easy as you pretend. And look, swift isn't changing anything about how you work with the Cocoa API. The barrier to entry for Mac or ios Dev is the sheer size of the frameworks.
Those numbers bear no resemblance to the real prices.
This book is much better on the technology. Isaacson barely mentioned OS X. It credits Bas Ording and Greg Christie. But, it is weak on the iPhone development. There it seems to credit Tony Fadell but it was Scott Forstalls team which did it. If you want real info on the iPhone and it's software challenges listen to the Debug podcasts with Melton and Ginatra.
You, and that site, don't really understand how to measure wealth or income distribution. I expect the stats are way out of date particularly since I put in $1000 and got into the top 50% but except for sub-Saharan Africa nearly every country in the world has a GDP per capita higher than $1000. India is about $6000 per person, China is effectively a middle income country. I think it's $11k this year.The other problem is this. You can't measure power distributions by...
It's also reminiscint of Apple 1996-2001