or Connect

Posts by MacJunkie

Elektra was Greek... I, for one, would love to see the Hand in DD2...
Folks, For sale, one pair of KRK-One (aka K-Roc) near-field monitors... 100watts max. - always used a 75watt per channel amp with them... First US$150.00 + shipping takes these bad boys home! Let me know... keldridge@wavewireless.com
Folks, For sale, one pair of KRK-One (aka K-Roc) near-field monitors... 100watts max. - always used a 75watt per channel amp with them... First US$150.00 + shipping takes these bad boys home! Let me know... keldridge@wavewireless.com
Speaking as an 'old-school' ElectricImage user, and as one who went to Siggraph in 1998 (while EI was under the corporate control of Play Inc.) and meet good ol' Kiki Stockenhammer (sp?) while at the users meeting in one of the hotels there (Play couldn't afford a booth that year...), I will clue some of you folks in on what the GlobeCaster was REALLY developed for...! On the EI Platter (secret ElectricImage users Hotline server), we always referred to it as the...
I cannot see the picture...!?! For that matter, ALL the graphics on the AI Forums are not loading for me... Help! Someone host/post the pic somewhere else, and put a link in this thread, please...!
It's Dorsal, trying to support his smack habit!
[quote]Originally posted by Bigc: You left out the 35-lb battery for 3-hours of use.
Uh, did you miss the part where I said that the power portion of the ADC connector would ONLY work if the laptop were plugged into the wall...?!? Obviously anyone running an external monitor off of a laptop is gonna be near some sort of external power...
What do I expect from the next PowerBook...? I want a 1GHz G4 CPU, no exceptions... I want a faster system bus (Intel laptops are running at 400MHz now, and we are stuck at 133MHz, in both laptops AND desktops!)... I want more RAM, 2GB DDR SDRAM would be nice... I want a higher-rez screen... I want a SuperDrive... I want a faster Firewire interface... I want the nVidia Quadro4 500 Go GL GPU in there, for running Maya... I want an ADC connector, for hooking up an...
Hmmm... US$1,599.00 (LightWave v7.5)vs. US$1,999.00 (Maya Complete v3.5.1)... I think this falls into the catagory of a 'no-brainer'... Maya for me, please...! Now if we could have a cross-grade prono special; say, buy Maya at the full US$1,999.00 & get a year of full support free, as the cross-grade bargain...
One glaring problem with these units, as opposed to rackmounts from Apple itself... These are current G4 machines stripped out of the El Capitan chassis, and stuffed into a rackmount chassis... Hey! Why am I paying for PCI slots that I CANNOT USE?!? See the problem here? If Apple made their own rackmounts, the main logic board would probably NOT have excessive PCI slots... After all, who needs four PCI slots for a renderfarm, servers, distributed computing applications?...