or Connect

Posts by AllInOne

Which Linksys Router? Do you have the latest firmware? Cable company likely does not support multiple users behind NAT, so going to the will not be helpful. When you say it doesn't work what do you mean? Can you Ping the router? Can you connect to the Linky's web admin? Can you see the LAN? Are you getting one of those ghost IP addresses assigned? Sometimes problems with DHCP produce 69.x.x.x numbers. Only way I have found to clear them is to throw out the TCP/IP...
[quote]Originally posted by Macintosh: I was wondering if this is really Steve Jobs real email address? steve@mac.com?
They're all Steve's email addresses aren't they. What you want to know is does he read mail at that address. I think not. http://homepage.mac.com/steve/
[quote]Originally posted by crazylb1: Hi We have an iMac where I work that sometimes when it is put to sleep it beeps audibally (sp?) as the power button glows. When you try to bring it back up it is frozen. This only seems to happen on one of our 10 imacs. Its an indigo iMac DV. Thanks for any help
Is this MacOS? For the beeping check your Engery Saver control panel under the notification tab. Is Wake Up sound enabled? This could...
I am having this problem too. I am running Windows98 and MacOSX 10.1.1 I installed Samba X 2.2.2 http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=10346&db=mac I can configure Samba through SWAT but I still can't see the shared volume under Windows. Don't have much experience with Windows so I may be missing something obvious.
Thanks applenut. I don't care what they say, you're all right. I applied. We'll see.
An apple store is coming to my town. Does anyone have any tips/experiences on getting a job at the genius bar?
Plus there's an lot you can do with Photoshop Actions...
You need to have a file called "Remote Access Control Strip" in the Control Strip Modules folder in your System Folder. You could do a custom reinstall system software or just drop it in there from another machine... Hope this helps...
What kind of keyboard is it? I have had mixed success with this sort of thing. Better to get it clean when it is still wet. Couple of weeks is not good. Depending on the keyboard you may be able to pry up the individual keys & clean with rubbing alcohol and a swab or something. I have also tried to flush the spills away (running under the tap) but this never has worked for me (tho I have heard of success from others). Hope this helps. PS be sure to unplug the...