or Connect

Posts by Evil Ed

double post [Skeptical] [ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Evil Ed ]

[quote]Originally posted by steve666: Nostradamus, thats a good idea, I will wait till March and see what happens. One more question, on which model did that stupid ADC port begin? I might want to buy a digital LCD, but not Apples (I will buy a black one if I don't go for the cheaper NEC CRT). I understand that there is an analog vga port on the towers with ADC but not a digital port. I could plug in a CRT but not a digital LCD. Also, has anyone here seen a good...
What's the deal with tax in the States anyway? Does it vary from state to state? We Brits have to fork out 17.5% in tax [Skeptical] Congrats on your purchase! I get mine from work soon... same spec but with 640 RAM (professional design use) and with a DVD-ROM drive instead of the Combo Drive. The 14.1" looks huge in the pics... doesn't appeal to me much.
[quote]Originally posted by MacGregor: Man if only you could get an AGP card that supports multiple displays on it, then I could honestly say I have no need of a tower. You are right about the iApps adding so much resale value to these machines. I still wonder though, whether Apple wins by setting the default so high. There is still no $500 iMac! Then you could sell 10 million of them (not lcd, I know). [ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: MacGregor...
[quote]Originally posted by MacGregor: Man if only you could get an AGP card that supports multiple displays on it, then I could honestly say I have no need of a tower. You are right about the iApps adding so much resale value to these machines. I still wonder though, whether Apple wins by setting the default so high. There is still no $500 iMac! Then you could sell 10 million of them (not lcd, I know). [ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: MacGregor...
are most of the ppl on this board young? u lot seem quite old to me (old as in u hold down jobs and aren't in education... no offense!).
Wow, thanks very much everyone I'll let you know how I get on, and I'm sure I'll be quizzing you lot further. Thanks again! -Ed
[quote]Originally posted by Leonis: But it takes a loooooooooooong time to boot. I think it's hard drive related
Uh oh... what speed are the HD's? 4200rpm or 5400rpm? I'm expecting an iBook 600 with a 15Gb HDD... I thought they were all 5400rpm [Skeptical] On my PowerBook G3 500 (5400rpm Travelstar) at home, OS X is very quick to boot.
[quote]Originally posted by Silverlode: Ugh! Black would be nasty. Evil, kinda.
=) Do it Apple, DO IT!
[quote]Originally posted by hmurchison: Cubase is probably the most popular Sequencer www.steinberg.de VST is a well supported Protocol
Ok, VST: what do the plug-ins give you? Extra sounds? Different instruments? Is this what "soft-synths" are? Sorry if I sound clueless, but unfortunately I AM! [Skeptical] ...