or Connect

Posts by Evil Ed

[quote]Originally posted by THT: Arrrgggh! Apple really needs to do something about its LCD screen resolutions. The only LCD screen that's feng shui (as far as all the LCDs are concerned) is the iBook's 12.1" 1024x768 or 106 DPI. Everything else simply doesn't have enough pixels. The iMac's 15.1" LCD and the 15.1" Apple Studio display both are at 1024x768. They are a full 3" bigger than the iBook yet have the same resolution. If the iMac had the same DPI as the...
I had to choose what company laptop I wanted (unfortunately the PowerBook was out of price range) and I went for the 12.1" for the simple fact that there's an abundance of 15" LCDs in the office, so I can just hook up to one of those. I must admit, I was surprised that they made a completely different case for the 14" iBook... think of the extra r&d and manufacturing costs :eek:
[quote]Originally posted by Composer: I'd be willing to risk a friendly wager that the new powermac will be black...
I hope so! I've waited all my Mac-using life for a black PowerMac (yes, I had a 5xxx series... ah, those were the days...).
Hi I'm interested in setting up a home studio just for fun and was wondering if some of you guys could help seeing as there seems to be quite a few audio buffs on these boards Hardware wise, I'd say I'm almost there (G3 500 Pismo with 1Gb RAM, 32Gb HDD, Videologic Sirroco Pro Series), but I'm unsure what's the best route to go with MIDI... do I need a serial port, or do I get OMS installed, which I'm told is about as useful as one of Steve's Photoshop bake-offs.
[quote]Originally posted by giant: Do remember that those professional studios are running on TDM systems and are not dependent on the processor in the same way a non TDM system is. But I agree. G4s now are going to be enough for what you are doing, I'm sure. Few of the the most successful electronic musicians are using those kinds of systems. Most are using the current G4's, G3's and hardware sequencers. Hell, look at what the Neptunes use. That's why I say...
[quote]Originally posted by Fran441: You know what else people want? An Apple PDA to replace the Newton. Ask most of the people here, and they'll likely say that they'd want an Apple PDA. To reword your quote: I have a Newton, I love it it, is too good to die. The R&D is done, the production problems are solved. Apple can ramp up it's production with minimal effort and expense. Having a product in this space will sell Macs. I want another one! Yet it seems that...
yup, i use OS X 10.1.2 on my PowerBook G3 500 and it's very usable. I'll be able to tell you in a couple of weeks just how well it works on an iBook 600 when I recieve mine.
LoL! i immediately thought of the iBrator too, LoL!
Woah. Nice photographs on your mac.com homepage. Is that wot u do for a livin'? They're class. Dunno if u know, but the "go back to the main page" links seem to be broken.
[quote]Originally posted by Kate: ..all I would like to know is if some buddy from here had an creative blast. I know people have downloaded pictures and use(d) them as desktop images. This isn't what bothered me and I don't mind as long as my head gets not part of a fake "adult" photo. :o I am pretty aware of the risks a public site with somewhat personal content in it provides. Never mind Alexander. But you could have applied for an original scan...