or Connect

Posts by tmhisey

Thanks a lot, KPOM. Now I have both jingles competing for attention in the back of my mind. Probably will for the rest of the day.Being from Chicago, which is Empire's hometown, I've got 40 years worth of that tune burned into my head -- it's probably the deepest grove in my brain ;-)I'd be willling to bet that if you were to hum the tune for just "5-8-8" that 95% of the people from around here could finish it... (way back before area codes were important and there was...
Sorry, but I can't let you off that easily... ;-)
I'm sorry, I didn't see anything indicating that Samsung said they sold 1.7 million tables in any quarter. I saw IDC's crazy SWAG number but I didn't realize that anyone actually thought those numbers meant anything.IIRC, Samsung has made statements in the past about how many units they've shipped but I'm pretty sure they never revealed the actual units sold (which is what makes these data so interesting).Companies can also play with the numbers when they indulge in...
Or, option number four = reality.Shipped and sold are NOT the same thing.If Samsung shipped 1 million tablets to Best Buy, Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, etc., that means that those tablets are sitting on the sales floor at those retailers. However, Samsung doesn't get to count any of those tablets as a sale until an actual end customer walks in the door, buys one, and takes it home.If Samsung only sells 10,000 of that million, the rest will eventually get shipped back to Samsung...
Five models. Not four. Original iPhone. 3G. 3GS. 4. 4S
Um, the "defense" is called the defendant. The party bringing the complaint is called the 'plaintiff" (the offense?)
Is your comment meant to make sense somehow?The poster that I quoted had called Steve Wozniak pompous. I refuted that by pointing out that he's self-effacing and self-deprecating.Not sure how you make a leap from comments on the pompous to self-effacing continuum to bringing up iPods, etc.Or bringing up your dog. I'm not sure you understand what self-effacing or self-deprecating mean; but I can tell you that they don't have anything to do with licking yourself. Just in...
Thanks for proving my point, Apple ][.You just said that my line of defense is kind of silly. And noted that it's your opinion. And you did that without criticizing me personally.You're entitled to your opinion. As is everyone else. But that's a far cry from being entitled to make personal attacks on someone. Especially when the ones doing the attacking have no grounds to do it on. Sorta like an 11-year old yelling that Michael or Kobe or LeBron or whomever has no...
OK, I retract that part of my comment. Your point being well taken. The rest having to do with Wozniak paraphrasing Jobs's own words still stands.
You or anyone else should feel completely free to criticize his comment/joke. I'm pretty sure that can be done however without the childish attacks on Woz, himself. Right? Glass houses and all that?Like I've said, anyone who is insulting Woz really should bolster their own credibility first with a few bullet points of their own accomplishments so that we know the relevance of their opinion. After all, it's easy to google "steve wozniak" and get thousands of hits so we...