or Connect

Posts by jfruh

Hello all- I am seriously considering buying a Canon CanoScan LiDE 20 and was wondering what people's experiences with it under OS X were. I have read varying posts in different forums online -- it looks like it didn't have OS X support until relatively recently. I don't do a lot of scanning but it would be very handy to have. I don't have Photoshop, but I do have an older (Carbon 4.0.7) version of GraphicsConverter. Does the scanner come with OS X software that...
I haven't actually done it yet, but I've been told elsewhere that I can use a PCI 802.11g card in my G4 (it's not airport extreme ready, so I'd be stuck with a 802.11b airport card if I wanted to go that route). The card should work seamlessly with Apple's Airport software. Here's one that explicitly says that it works with Macs w/PCI slots: http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/.../wlipcig54.php Here's one that doesn't advertise Mac support, but I've been told in...
Help, I'm having a serious printing problem! I've got a 450 MHz DP G4 running OS X 10.2.6. My printers is a Brother HL-1240 USB printer. I also have a Windows XP machine on my internal network, and I've set up CUPS so that that machine sees my Brother printer as a network printer and prints to it. All this has been working without a hitch for months. Yesterday, I suddenly lost the ability to print from the Mac. Whenever I try to print anything from any...
Hi -- I'm intrigued here by the number of people labeling VPC "unusably slow" even on very powerful Macs. I'm currently using a G4 DP 450 MHz machine, which many called "unusably slow" for earlier versions of OS X. While I know that faster machines exist, I've always been able to use it just fine. Currently, my Windows machine is a 700 MHz Pentium III laptop with 128 MB of RAM. The graphics card is a S3 Graphics SavageIX, which I'm assuming is no great shakes, as it...