or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

I'm somehow a little uneasy with all those new payment method involving third party interest in a transaction between a merchant and a consumer. I think Apple and Google will have a really hard time to penetrate Canadian and other foreign market who already has a widely adopted direct payment like interac who is controlled and insured by banks not by merchant like MCX tend to be.  Maybe I'm wrong here, but I feel much safer to limite the number of intervenant I want to...
Living in Canada and working for a shop who accept credit card paiement, I do see what MCX want to achieve.  We have back in Canada a none profit equivalent for more than 30 years named Interac of which every Canadian bank participate and adopted by almost every merchant.  My issue is not with MCX itself, Its the exclusiveness war around it who's hurt the consumer at the end. 
  Do you really believe merchant will give any discount on using CurrentC? If that so, why they don't already give it when we pay cash?  Beside contracts with credit card giant prevent merchant from penalizing the consumer who choose to pay with credits. 
Have you even bother to read the link I provided? not it matter much which language is based on which, but you need to at least have some knowledge on the evolution of computer sciences, your remark about Apple before 2000 let me think your are pretty young.  Microsoft had some interest into NeXT in the early 90, this relationship leads to the infamous Microsoft invest in Apple in 1997 when Apple bought NeXT and bring Steve Jobs back to Apple. Also .NET copy the Cocoa...
You need to redo your computer history classes, Apple is around long before they created the iPhone, Objective-C originated in early 80's, more than 10 years before Java and 20 years before .NET.  Tim Berners-Lee created the Web with Objective-C on a NeXT computer many years before Java and .NET was around.  Java itself took many inspiration from Objective-C.  How absurd it is? Have you ever update a Windows new install? You've got hundreds of .NET updates because of all...
 The important thing is not the language but the IDE and API on which the Apps is based on. Before .NET, Microsoft had no unified and modern IDE, .NET was a created in reaction of Objective-C and Xcode IDE. Because .NET was rushed Microsoft has screwed their first 4 versions of .NET, making every iteration of .NET binary incompatible with each other, forcing every Windows users to keeps multiple version of .NET runtime environment up to date.  Still today many own...
 You know even Microsoft own apps haven't fully switch to .net and still stuck with old and depreciated win32 and dcom runtimes, more than 10 years after introducing .net and C#.  Every major OS has many runtime API with different programming language associated to each, Android has multiple language and IDE.   Objective-C has many historical shortcomings bind to his C derivative, Apple wanted to solve syntax issue will having a much more modern and simplify language...
 The only way to resolve security issue based on social engineering like the one exposed in this article are to eliminate the user idiocy constant from the equation, which is pretty much impossible. 
No wonder Apple cloud is not compromised in the scheme, social engineering is the mother of all hacking and Fishing is a new form of Social engineering.  I constantly receive fishing email from fake Apple services asking me to log in my AppleID account, no wonder someone somewhere being catch.    Here is my word of wisdom: never click on a link within a email to log in any online services.
 Yes I agree,  Intel SoC will go better overtime, but Apple and other ARM partenaire won't sit on their hands waiting for Intel to pass them. My point is a 28nm ARM SoC is more efficient than any current Intel SoC, and  going 14nm won't change the game. Next gen of ARM SoC will be 22 or 14nm and retain its efficiency edge over the overweight Pentium legacy architecture.  BTW have you ever heard about PWRficient and P.A Semi?  I'm not forgetting anything, like you said...