or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

iOS solution of this is to delegate the file managing troubles to Apps.  They wanted to change old habit to search for a document first and launch the related apps by opening documents from the Finder.  Instead, on iOS each apps manage their own files and if you want to view one document with another Apps, you've got a "share" button that send a copy of the files within another apps on the devices.  So each apps become a "folder" and offert their own way of managing their...
 I don't know where you've found those definitions, but those are wrong.  Your RAM definition applies more to CPU Register or caches than RAM and your storage definition also applies to RAM where data is store in digital form (1s and 0s).  Have you ever heard of ram drives?
 We all create new, save or delete files every day on ours computer, after all the core function of an OS or DOS is to manage files and launch apps.  If I remember well my computer history and how Apple "took" Xerox document preparation system idea and made the Desktop paradigm around it.  I think the needs for managing and storing different type of media needed for most projects was the basic needs the graphical Desktop addressed so brilliantly that is still the norm for...
 I think there is a generation misunderstanding here.   Mass Storage is a kind of memory like the CD-ROM and WORM acronym pointed out.  RAM can be a storage too with ramdisk apps, same as ROM can be paged like ram or access like a volume by the hardware.   moderne computer as a lot more memory types than RAM and Storage alone. Register, Caches, VRAM, Pram, Firmware... are all differents type of memory present in all computer and mobile devices.  Question is more if the OS...
 Maybe, am I?  I haven't check on Android, but security on iOS and WP8 don't lets apps fooling around outside their sandboxes. If find it troubling if Android really lets any apps doing so.   But this wasn't the point, most people doesn't manually manage their files, and Android like any other mobile OS are design to avoid file managing.
 I think most people wants things to be simpler, but I do also recognize how file managing is an important aspect of desktop computing that mobile computing wants to get rid of.  As a long time Mac OS users, I'm accustomed to browse my HD and install or launch apps from the file manager.  But most windows users have never opened their Program Files directory or even browse their C: drive. I think this is why Apple, Google and Microsoft chooses to not lets people manually...
 Huh? I don't understand what the usage of ext4 filesystem helped anything about the hurdle of managing files between multiple volumes on a devices without a file manager interface. 
 Wow, so much fanboyisme in this post.... 1) Out of the box, the Galaxy S4 total storage doesn't exceeds the iPhone, the opposite is true. 2) Android devices are locked down until you root the phone, like any other iOS and WP8 phones. 3) Unlike most Android phones, there is no third party bloat ware to take care of on iOS 4) You know many critics said the same things about the non-expandable storage of the iPod, 11 years later, most SD bases MP3 player as disappear from...
 Oh sure, there always has third party solution out there.   But for most android user, searching and downloading apps on the Google Play store is an issue, rooting their phone is another bag of hurts.  Most mortal are only using fonction that come out of the box and got no time nor the patience to search a way to overcome limitation from the mfg.