or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

Here is official word about the Galaxy Nexus from Google:  If Apple ecosystem is a walled garden, Android one is a graveyard of devices no longer supported from their original mfg.  I wonder how many orphan OMAP phone there is out there. 
 I don't like being a product for Google to be sold to advertisers. Google free products are sheep farm. 
Monkey see, monkey do….
 So according to J.D. Power,  liquidate unsold products is a sign of good customer satisfaction? I'm shock…
 I saw that patent, Like many Apple patent I don't know if any iDevice is using it yet.   I'm still waiting for liquid metal casing, self charging device with solar panel on the back and multi layer display. 
 I've been a iPad 1, 2 and 3 owner, I've play with jailbreaked iOS device since the original iPhone and  I've surfed the net with NCSA Mosaic alpha and a 1200 bauds modem.  I don't think you've got a good idea of how much resources you really needs for running apps, developer do, users usually don't (when is the last time you've check your page ins-page outs value on your iPad ?).  Beside what is the problems with swap out from ram background and inactive apps and reload...
 What a FUD, Users shouldn't care about how much ram they got on their commodity device like phones, games console, tablet.   I've never heard anyone complain about the amount of RAM a game console have, because it doesn't matter as long software should take care of those constrain.   Having more RAM won't make things faster, but drain more energy even when its unused.  Better have the right amount of ram for the right jobs, 1 GB is a lot considering NeXTStep was developed...
 Most flash video out there are plain h.264 video file encapsulated in a Flash video player, C2F allow many of those flash embedded h.264 stream to be played directly thru HTML5 and Quicktime, even gives us option to download the original h.264 stream.  Almost every Youtube video works thru C2F.  It worth reminds your Android devices do access the whole Youtube content thru native h.264 stream.  Chrome got is own flash player embedded, Google ads tracking network depend of...
 You've misunderstand me, I do agree a RAID 10 is more reliable that a RAID 5, but not more in some cases than a RAID 6, 50 or 60. As for inexperienced people who deployed RAID, I blame RAIDs mfg first who should cares when they sold RAID enclosure filled with disk. 
 Like Auxio has exposed before me, the most common problems with RAIDs is being sold with a bunch of HD comings from the same production, If one disk fail from old age / mfg defects you've have all the chances in the world for having another drive failing within the same period.  I still reiterate, RAID as being created at the first place to overcome the capacity limit of a mechanical disc by virtualizing the volume and spreading data across multiple disk.  RAID 5, 6, 10,...