or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

What a FUD, Users shouldn't care about how much ram they got on their commodity device like phones, games console, tablet.   I've never heard anyone complain about the amount of RAM a game console have, because it doesn't matter as long software should take care of those constrain.   Having more RAM won't make things faster, but drain more energy even when its unused.  Better have the right amount of ram for the right jobs, 1 GB is a lot considering NeXTStep was developed...
 Most flash video out there are plain h.264 video file encapsulated in a Flash video player, C2F allow many of those flash embedded h.264 stream to be played directly thru HTML5 and Quicktime, even gives us option to download the original h.264 stream.  Almost every Youtube video works thru C2F.  It worth reminds your Android devices do access the whole Youtube content thru native h.264 stream.  Chrome got is own flash player embedded, Google ads tracking network depend of...
 You've misunderstand me, I do agree a RAID 10 is more reliable that a RAID 5, but not more in some cases than a RAID 6, 50 or 60. As for inexperienced people who deployed RAID, I blame RAIDs mfg first who should cares when they sold RAID enclosure filled with disk. 
 Like Auxio has exposed before me, the most common problems with RAIDs is being sold with a bunch of HD comings from the same production, If one disk fail from old age / mfg defects you've have all the chances in the world for having another drive failing within the same period.  I still reiterate, RAID as being created at the first place to overcome the capacity limit of a mechanical disc by virtualizing the volume and spreading data across multiple disk.  RAID 5, 6, 10,...
 The sandbox is an OS services and apps need to written to explicitly use it but Apple made it mandatory for apps going thru the Apps Stores. You only need to keep your Flash up to date and it should use it.  Sandboxed or not, this should have zero impact for the users, you don't have to worry much about those things.   
 This is the single most common mistake I've seen on almost every RAID enclosure, they all comes with disk with sequential SN.  I can't count how many RAID 5 with 2 failing disk I've seen so far. 
 True, there is so many exotic configuration possible with RAID at great expense.  My own rule of thumb is to avoid RAID setup as much as possible on workstation,  for unattended server or SAN this is another games. 
True for a RAID 1, where it neglect both the aspect of having a RAID at the first place (Speed and Capacity).  On a RAID 5 with more than 3 drives, even with one redundancy drive you have more the chance of eventually having 2 failing drive, but chances are they will not fail at the same time leaving time to changes the defectives drive without losing your data.  But real world situation is else, last month alone I've rebuilt-repairs 4 raid array.  In 2 cases it was a RAID...
 There is no PCI-e HDD, they commonly use SATA or SAS port only.  As for USB 3, every video professional will told you how USB is a CPU sucking port. 
 Many wrongfully think that RAID is a way for securing data, it is not. Statistically, even a RAID 5 is more susceptible of failing than a single drive volume, and no RAID level (1, 5, 10, 50) will ever protect the data from users errors.   RAIDs are made for 1) having a big volume than it possible with a single drive volume, 2) have a greater disk access performance by accessing multiple drive at the same time. You always need a backup, Raid or not.