or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

A roadmap is only prediction which doesn't translate into execution.  There is no working version of 64 bit Symbian and never will. 
 There is a lot more is going on with ARM AArch64 architecture than solely 64 bit addressing.  The current ARM v7 architecture has many legacy bottleneck and shortcomings, the registers and security layer was overly complex and limited.  The new 64 bit architecture as gave them the chance to greatly modernize a + 20 years ISA.  I will repeat my self, we don't know much yet about the A7 internal, but if you look at other previous 64 bit CPU like the Athlon 64 or the G5,...
 There is the quote from the article you've seams to deliberately step over it: 
 Ever since the first A4, Apple is designing and customizing the ARM references architecture for their own needs.  With P.A. Semi and Intrinsity acquisition, Apple is currently have the best ARM SoC solution out there.  We don't know much yet about the A7, I can't wait for Chipworks teardown and analysis.    
 Actually, iOS root like OSX is coming from Nextstep developed on a 33mhz 68040 processor.  While it debuted as a locked OS, they quickly open up the platform with iOS 2.  
 There is a world of difference between an ARM development board and a final product, even if Google does already have a working version of Android for ARM AArch64, no ARM mfg beside Apple has a 64 bit ARM in production yet.  Android is still a full year behind Apple.
 Of course ARM (a corp co-founded by Apple and Acorn Computer) discuss a lots with their partner, since they doesn't sold any hardware, they only licences their hardware to anyone who want to mfg.  Problem is Google doesn't do any ARM development internally, they got no production hardware to work on a 64 bit version of Android and Samsung and Qualcomm, 2 of the most prominent ARM SoC maker chooses the cores multiplication way, look at the Exynos 5 Octa non-sense. 
 Yet another who taught 64 bit computing is only good for allocating more ram...  So according to you, there is absolutely no gain for Intel Core2Duo over the CoreDuo line up? Or does the G5 or Athlon64 was a FUD?   This will be the third 64bit transition for Apple, the other two couldn't be more smooth for users and developers. 
 Have you any ideal of how much the binaries of an apps weight proportionally of the assets?  The file size increase per architecture is pretty negligible.
 Yeah, I know,  Samsung is does software at the same level as other asian hardware maker, I don't consider much a replacement shell as high grade software engineering, beside Samsung development team are Indians sweatshop, not OS architects. http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/p?orig=TSEO_SN&company=samsung+software+center&companyScope=C&title=chief+engineer&trk=TSEO_SN