or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

Metro apps are mostly HTML + Javascript, .NET for Metro is a long run behind from being equal to .NET Framework 4.5.       .NET for Metro style apps Windows Phone 7.1 .NET Framework 4.5 Namespace 72 95 447 Type 1,246 1,788 14,936 Member 15,674 20,291 217,166 Table: API surface counts, by .NET Profile
 Agree, no one is forcing us to use the mandatory Surface keyboard but pointing Metro apps as replacement is laughable.  Most Metro apps are half brew and can't even compete with android or iOS apps equivalent, even Microsoft hasn't port their own offices suite on Metro and are forcing the touch-agnostic Desktop UI on Surface RT only to run one apps: Office.  Metro is a mess on many levels, right now Metro is only an empty shell without any contents and since there is no...
  I completely agree, and I even go further with comparing the Surface with any other tablet PC attempt before.  They all failed because the tablet loses any advantages over the laptop if all your software keeps depending on a keyboard and a mouse. Making a mandatory keyboard accessory it gives wrong direction to developers who generally doesn't bother much about tweaking their apps for a specific platform and still consider the tablet has a laptop. 
  Here is a compilation of Ballmer's "goof"   http://news.yahoo.com/steve-ballmer-gif-retirement-party-153638957.html
You mean this one?   32359673-1459-47fd-ac2d-db0f62227623_Ballmer.gif
  My 2 cents
  I mostly agree with you, but sadly "passion" never was within Microsoft DNA. I think SJ got the best overview of M$  
Microsoft needs more then a superstar CEO that everyone is hoping for.  No one men can mastered business marketing, day to day managing and R&D, Microsoft needs a good products-softwares engineer more than another business manager.  
  You know someone doesn't have any clue about GUI when you look at this mess.   Microsoft can't even settle on a coherent UI for they're own apps:  
I think the OLED technologies is not as mature as the LCD currently is. While offering many advantages over the LCD, the OLED still got many lifespan issues. In the meanwhile, the mobile phone maybe is currently the best application for OLED screen since those product got a very short life cycle.