or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

Samsung got no clue of what is the right size for a phone. Beside the growing size of their devices I found very little design change between their Galaxy line of products the screen size is the only differentiation from a model to another.   Apple in another hands have constantly keeps the same format of the iPhone with 4 radicals design.  
  You see Apple got their own route, with the iPhone 5, they made the screen bigger only in one dimension to keep the width identical to the previous iPhones.  I can be wrong, but the screen size of the next iPhone should be define by the product design and not the other way around like Samsung is doing. 
    The big screen gimmick got his limit, the goal for Apple and any sane mfg is to get the right product with the right screen size to fit.  I can't understand why so many is drooling over the screen size spec like a performance specs.  Samsung phones grows ridiculously big, I wonder what they will come out with after their new fatsy 6inch phone.   I suppose, some people do like talking to a brick:
Which first appeared in Cyndia on iOS.  Stop nagging the notification center has the only defence adnoids fans can pull agains iOS.   It took up to version 4.2 for Google to speedup and separated the graphics rending from the main thread, something any sane OS already do since the 80's 
  I'm nostalgic of the 80's where most computer company back then was in control of the hardware and software, system like Apple II, AtariST, Amiga Workbench, X68000, TRS-80.  They all has their charms and no one was cloning their neighbour.  Microsoft as killed hardware innovation forcing every PC mfg to play with the sames rules.  Big brand like IBM and compaq quickly lost their market to nameless clones and generic hardware shops.   
  Steve Job was a beloved person because he was never afraid to get his envision done.  He wasn't a one hit wonder like most in this industry.   You got a very twisted and conspirational mind. No body has ever said SJ was perfect, no one are.  I'm pretty curious what personalities you could admirer with those kinds of reflections. You're shameless to criticize other base on quote and off context stuff, trash talk is easy, recognize good is much harder, I think you need...
  Do you know the context where and when this quote is coming from?   Do Gates or Ballmer are better than SJ? One thing for sure, Jobs has shaken the world more than once, and we all still talk about him after his death.
  I wont replace my 15in laptop for an 1000$  10inch netbook with worse performance.   Surface Pro is not worst or better than every other past and failed TabletPC, the problem here is not really the hardware (beside using windows apps on a sub 12inch screen is always a pain in the b****). Windows softwares was never made and optimized for being use on a small tactile screen, therefor the Surface Pro has no advantages over the classic laptop to compensate for the tablet...
  I think you need to fix you timeline of event here.   SJ and the Apple teams visited Xerox in 1979, a year after some of the Parc researcher like Jef Raskin (the Macintosh father) joined Apple.   Apple showed the Macintosh prototype to some selected software partner and even gives one early Macintosh prototype to Microsoft in 1983 to help them to get Word and other software ready for the Macintosh launch in 1984.  A year after, Microsoft announced Windows 1.0 for PC,...
  This is a very narrow understanding of the gaming industry.  Of course the majority of AAA games are mean to be play on big screens on the latest gaming rig. But a large part of gamer enjoyed their games on mobile console like the GameBoy or PSP. This is where the gaming market is in crisis right now, the latest generation of mobile gaming console are unable to compete with new generation of general use mobile device like android phone and tablets.   This is where news...