or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

Actually, I bail for a neat like software called Air Video HD, with that I put all my rips and download on a little server I can access from anywhere (inside and outside home) on all my devices and thru my Apple TV.  It even has ability to download content on a devices for offline viewing.  I do share the same feelings of yours about newer movies….
 Thanks for the link, this is what I was referring to, It only offers offline playing on their proprietary Android or iOS apps, There is no way to keep the movie on a computer.  I agree with you, and forgive me if can be a little stubborn some time.  From a developer stand point, I see how it make plenty of sense to choose the fastest route to get the jobs done. I'm not a professional programmer, I've done plenty of things in basic, logo, Pascal and C, and I do acknowledge...
 I've never purchase any media from Google Play, so I'll give you that I can't verify what I've claimed, but according to Google support the only way to watch a movie from a computer is thru a flash enabled web site.  On Android and iOS device they have a special player that gives you the feature to download the movies, I can't say this is a more DRM free store than the iTunes store.  My taught on DRM they screw the honest customer, so this is why I've never bought movie...
 I'm talking about paradigm.  Apple as always smash others paradigms and develops news ones for their product.  Before the iPhone, it was unthinkable to create a phone without physical bouton.  The F700 was still a blackberry oriented design with a full physical keyboard, Appleinsider as already addressed this in a previous article:http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/13/apple_blocks_samsung_f700_designers_testimony_calls_it_irrelevant Games and third party apps on...
 I think you failed to understand the importance of the desktop paradigm used on every desktop OS ever since the original MacOS, there is no equivalent on ChromeOS, no matter what you said. Pointing a launcher apps is no where near addressing my point. The most basic core functionalities of every desktop operating system (originally Disk Operating System) are copy, move, rename and delete files from the disk.   Good for you, has for movies dictatorship you know this was...
 Wow, you've got a lot of imagination here.  First of all iOS and OSX is built on POSIX too, you can built every open source POSIX programs on those platform ever since they're birth.  ChromeOS is meant to be an interpreted apps platform running thru a web browser, it will never beat a native app with the same level of optimization no matter what.   The future is mobility, and most people wants the power in their hands, not on a cloud. Look at the onlive debacle,  I don't...
 I agree, Apple made an artificial gap between iOS and OSX to make sure iDevice and Mac who doesn't share the same paradigm (Touch input vs keyboard + mouse) got the right treatment from its developer.   But have a hard time to discern whats Google try to achieve with this poor man apps platform and no desktop likes tablets. ChromeOS is maybe cool idea as a bare minimum secondary OS, but a pretty non-sense at this point to built a premium device for this braindead OS with...
 Sorry I was referring to the 1500$ pixel Chromebook which is way too limited for this price point.  For me a web browser and web apps is not enough, and without a real local storage, the Chromebook unfit for my needs.   I still wonder why Google maintain 2 OS, why if ChromeOS is so great they won't use it on phone? Same for Android, why they split their 2 OS apart? Why no ChromeOS tablet then?  The Chrome OS is a solution looking for a problem
 I hate when being able to doing stuff is enough, my interrogation is does it do better?  The so called cloud editors is better than other alternatives that already exist on Windows and Mac OS? I don't think so.  Do Chrome OS is a better OS than OSX, Windows or Linux? I don't think so either.  So what is the value of a more expensive laptop with fewer software option?