or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

During one interview at All things digital, SJ said the iPad development has begun before the iPhone in the early 2000.  Apple has switch their focus on a phone product because of helps they could get from carriers. 
I'm a proudly canadian, and the whole BlackBerry saga sadden me a lot.     RIM had a niche product and instead of keep focussing on their core market, they try to become an Apple themselves with entertainment oriented product like the Playbook. When they reverted back to business market with the BB10 OS, it was too late for them. 
There is a lot going with the new AArch64 improvement, a lot of legacy shortcoming of now archaic ARMv7 32bit architecture has been fixed and improved considerably, even a new 32 bit ISA (AArch32) has been added in the A7 to improve 32 bit codes performance. 
This one is as old as the infamous quote from Bill Gate "640K ought to be enough for anybody".  The Xerox Gui has nothing do to with the Lisa and original Mac GUI ,the other story about Apple has stole Xerox research is another hard to kill myth, in fact Apple has pay Xerox Corp with shares to use some of their research, and everything SJ and apple's engineer saw at Xerox Parc facility has been retaught from scratch.  They created the first 100% graphical home computers...
 Why are you narrowing on video content only??? Gamut have big implication for ages in digital publishing and having different screens gamut and color representation is the reason why the Colorsync was created at the first place.  With the right colorsync profile in the OS to inform apps how to represent accurate color for a given screen, there is absolutly no reason why you don't want a screen the largest gamut for accurate proofing.
The saddest part of Android is while they modernize the UI to make it on part with the original iPhone, they have keep the archaic JavaVM runtime avenue used on first gen smartphone OS like Symbian and Blackberrys.
 I think most of us don't realize that even if Samsung would have access to all schematics of the A7 from Apple, they still doesn't own the right ARM licences for creating their own core like Apple did.  Also, like you pointed out, you can't by only looking a chips under a microscope determine the ISA and all logical aspect of the chips.
Quote: Don't get me wrong, I do share the same feelings of yours.  There is failed Windows tablet attempts for more than 15 years now, but the dream of having a full Windows on a mobile device is a hard one to kill in people imagination.  To my understanding the reason why all Windows tablet are still a market failure come from the fact that none are better than a conventional laptop at the same price point, and legacy UI or apps cannot be used without a keyboard and mouse...
 I think Windows compatibility is the biggest deal for having a x86 on a tablet and I'm sure Microsoft is lobbying really hard to push this solution, I think this is also why there is near zero interest on having an Intel SoC in a smartphone.
 I do questioned your over reacting impression of calling things broken or crap base on anecdotal impression.   Apple haven't got a free pass for this, as you related your self, Apple made a recall and replaced the top case free of charge, I don't think those issue is enough to utterly call it crap.  Same apply on your assertion about the A7 and iOS7. I've seen so much worst problem in the past, like the unstable for real Quadra 700, the bad power supply iMac G5, the ram...