or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

Why are you avoiding the conversation? have you any Intel smartphone you can compared with?  On tablet they all need to compensate with bigger battery.  The iPad Air is currently one of the tablets with the best battery life with the smallest battery capacity, same apply for the iPhone 5S.
Too bad it's currently the prime and sole example of a Intel Soc in a smartphone.  2 years ago Clovertrail got the same level of praise of the forthcoming Silvermont and under deliver on actual product, like the nVidia Tegra, they got a lot of hype and praised by the bloggosphere, but got deceiving product at the end.
 Until the Silvermont, every previous Intel attempt was base of Atom architecture without Out of order capability, Silvermont will change this but still base of Atom and Celeron architecture.  As I said, Intel can't win against ARM on effiency with all x86 legacy their CPU needs.
 No true, Radios and backlight is what is mostly draining the battery, 2 things limited on your K900 review article and not in your other benchmark. 
 Ugh? I wasn't talking about Desktop CPU.....   Intel problem is they need to slowdowns and remove to much feature from their CPU to make it work on mobile devices.
 Agree It is always easier to blame some else for their own mistake. Also I do agree the volume of sales do not represent the quality of a product, but it make much more easy to identify a major design flaw if every device is affected with.  Apple has never got a free pass before, every new product Apple comes with is scrutinize by so many groups so happy to get something bad to say about Apple and their product. I totally disagree with you about calling those MacBook...
Quote: I agree, we don't know for sure and Apple has never disclose specs about this, but the original iPhone off the shelve CPU has been dissected by third party on every level and found to work around 1W.  Ever since all iphone got pretty much the same battery capacity and retain the same battery autonomy.  I applause Apple for not adding bigger battery to compensate for any improvement that can be power hungry and instead working for keeping pretty much the same power...
 If you've got the 5Ghz model for you base station and extender, you can split into 2 networks and manage better your bandwidth by splitting your devices between the 2.4ghz and the 5Ghz network.
 You should check and keep an eye on what you have installed and use on your iPad, because Apple has currently sold more iOS7 + A7 devices than any other iOS devices in the past.  If there was a really issue here, be assured the media, fandroids and every competitor would knock on every nails against Apple they can found.
 Apple SoC TDP is working around half of that, around 1W for smartphone and 2W for tablet.