or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

Apple SoC TDP is working around half of that, around 1W for smartphone and 2W for tablet.
 It need a battery twice has big than the iPhone 5S to achieve 8.5 hours on a looping video with full hardware acceleration, no sound and 50% brightness, which you can't compare with a web browsing test.
 The real world benefit of the A7 is for Apple been able to offer a faster and better CPU than the last year one with more or less the same thermal design power of the last years design.  There is no way any other competitor can achieve this without a better ARM core than current ARMv7 design,  multiplicating cores leads to greater power consumption with smaller performance boost than having bigger enhanced cores.
 I will not hold my breath on this one....  Historically, the pentium architecture as been notoriously big and power hungry, over time Intel as working hard to lower its CPU power consumption by stripping features out, lower the clock frequency and lower the fab process.  In another hand, the ARM processor has been created with the absolute opposite in mind, a small CPU built for power efficiency at first and been augmented overtime.  So ARM SoC still have a lot of...
 Ok.... What is you point?  No intel CPU can reach smartphone TDP levels offer by ARM SoC
 This is a pretty unspecific issue more related to iOS 7 than the new A7, I've been using iOS since the iPhone 3G, I've always seen some apps crashing, most of those apps got updated or disappear after time, I have now a iPhone 5S and a iPad Air, I can't say there is a really issue here, I still got some apps crashing some times, but most of the time it affect older pre-iOS 7 third party apps that needed to be updated.   I haven't found any instability yet using built-in...
Quote: True transitioning to a 64bit architecture is more than merely designing a new CPU, you need to recompiled all software for tapping every benefits a new platform has to offer,  just like Apple already done it with iOS and OSX way before.  Beside, which memory management issues are you talking about?  Like saying Android still got battery draining issues, Apple and iOS is not liable for badly coded third party apps. 
 Have you ever seen the 5 inch Dell Streak phablet? There is a limit for how big a mobile phone could be before losing it's mobility usefulness, I'll be embarrassed to use one of those overgrown size phone in public, I don't want to show off my phone in public, I wanted it has discreet as possible.
Good thing Apple is associated to this supplier, without Apple relation no one in the western world would care about Pegatron employees, so sad that no other pegatron clients has talk to the media yet. 
 Thank you for reassured me about this forum constantly crashing my browser.