or Connect

Posts by BigMac2

Thank you for suggestion, but I will keep using plain old and more efficient wired power technologies instead. 
I think you've missing key understanding on how electro magnetic energy propagation work.  Electromagnetic field that radiate into infinite space and decrease in intensity by an inverse-square law of power, so while we are constantly bathed in radiation of all frequencies, what we absorb is much lesser than 1 watts a days.   You know wifi and microwave oven utilize pretty much the same frequencies, only power output differ.  Actually the microwave oven principle has been...
 Wireless power will never be as efficient as conventional wire power. While I don't care much about the 125 milliwatts wifi or 1 watts cellphone, I do have a lot of concern about irradiating 100 watts of micro-waves in my living room to power a TV or a lamp.
 Silicon vendor can tweak their own builds of Dalvik to maximize performance, but they can't change the specs inside the VM, Dalvik and ART are 32bit VM only, the same way you can always port an emulator or a VM like Dosbox on a new platform and got some performance gain, but apps running within Dosbox are still 16 bit apps even if Dosbox is compiled to run on a 64 bit intel chips.  Same principle applies to Dalvik and ART.  In all case, there is a performance taxes for...
 What is your points? Yes they are other bytecode environment, iOS and OSX compiler itself is the prime example of a low level virtual machine bytecode runtime environment as LLVM stands for.   Beside you can't compare a byte coded binary apps coming from compiler like .NET or LLVM, running on a really thin abstraction layer more like a virtual hypervisor than fully Virtualized machine like Java SE, DalvikVM or ART.  The performance taxes much less to do with how fast the...
 You've got a good point here, ART can run Dalvik apps, so it should use the same Java-ish API from Dalvik. 
 That make me laugh, ART is still a VM but instead of a JIT like Dalvik, ART is an OAT (Ahead-of-time), this mean apps still got a performance taxes from running inside a virtual machine abstraction layer.   If ART yields so much better performance, but still can't match native compiled C code, does it confirm how bad current Dalvik performances are?
 I agree, I put it badly. Here is some precisions.  I implied any VM like Dalvik acted just like a DosBox or an emulator, the recompiled VM itself will gain benefit of new AArch64 improvements like any other compiled apps for that platform, but those benefit will be out of control from apps running inside of the VM, for those apps nothing change: Instruction set, number of register and register width.  I do realize,  just like real CPU, those thing can be "augmented" or...
 Nothing can prevent a VM based apps from running on any environment as long the VM is compiled to run on this environment.  But you've got to understand the difference between the host architecture and the virtualized one, both got their own specs that doesn't depend from each other.   It's like having an emulator, Google could have choose Dosbox has runtime VM, porting Dosbox on any platform won't change specs of the VM seeing by any apps running inside the VM, this is...
An interpreter you mean? Yes and no, DalvikVM is a JIT compiler which is an in-between from interpreter and compiler. The byte code output from source code is like an intermediate pre-digested from of compiled code ready to be interpreted at runtime, which obfuscate the source code in distributed apps and offer greater performance than plain interpreted codes.  But all this magic doesn't gives you performance on par with true compiled apps, like you said those are...