or Connect

Posts by Carniphage

More precisely I am asking for my Apple account with a gmail ID to be able to send and receive email using my defunct MobileMe email address.C.
If you follow what I am proposing, there would only be a single sign-on with a single AppleID.My iCloud sign-on would be johns@gmail.com - this looks like an email address, but for Apple's purposes, it's just a unique account name and password. When I send some email from my iCloud account, the email would be addressed from john.smith@me.com It would be slightly less confusing if the collar matched the cuffs. But as long as I can retain my MobileMe email address, I'll be...
The point of iCloud is to do synchronisation. The solution is to have a single definitive version of calendars, contacts, ToDo's and so on on the iCloud server. Changes on one device are then mirrored onto all the others linked by that account. It makes no sense to have multiple synchronisation sources. I would (err) expect that iOS5 only offers a single iCloud slot. C.
I am seeing a solution. iCloud needs a AppleID to work. So the correct ID is your iTunesID with content purchase history. At some point The iCloud account will offer an email service. So what email address will it use? Not the GMail address associated with the iTunes account. Pretty sure it will be a .me address. New users will pick an email address. But what about us existing MobileMe users? I think Apple will allow us to specify existing Mobile Me...
I can't see how they can solve the iCloud issue without offering consolidation. It sounds like almost every MobileMe user is in this situation. What's weird is that it is in Apple's interest to unify and resolve identities. C.
Tulkas, I am in exactly the same situation, as are many others.I signed up for iTunes with an old email address. This became my first AppleID - linked to my credit card details. This account gives access to all my music, apps, developer status and anything which needs money.Sometime later I got a Mobile Me (.Mac back then) account to do all the syncing and have a nice shiny Appley email account. This new ID is linked to my email, calendar, contacts, bookmarks and so on.The...
I have never seen the Zune software. Microsoft never released it internationally. I'd agree with some of your comments on iTunes. Initially Apple needed a single application to sync music with iPods. A music player / sync manager app was a good idea back then. Now, more and more functionality has been heaped into iTunes. Application syncing, podcast catching, movie purchasing - the list is endless. On the Mac, it would have been sensible to split these functions into...
The diagram is from a PC. It seems to show the unsurprising relationship between frame buffer size and the memory required to support it. But without any supporting legends, it's hard to work out exactly how the figures are derived. Yes games could use more memory, but that would further drive up production costs both of the consoles and the costs of game development. Personally I don't hear anyone complaining about visual quality. My point was that on a PS3 with a...
At 1080p memory is a problem. At 720p the available memory in these consoles is adequate. I, for one, am repeatedly astonished by just how much visual detail these machines can deliver. The real problem in the videogame industry is that the production-cost of games is rising in line with Moore's law. But the revenues from the typical game is not. C.
Yes , both machines have a similar number for video bandwidth. But I think this quote makes the difference clear..C.