or Connect

Posts by muffinss

Why do people even care how thick it is? Seriously, its just a phone. No matter what, its going to be small enough to fit in your hand and pocket.
I don't know why Apple can't simply let users select themes. There's no technical reason why they can't. It would make everyone happy, and not get in the way of anyone nor make it harder/complicated for anyone. Microsoft can do it. You can make Windows 7 looks like classic Windows 95 / 98 again if you wanted to. All supported by Microsoft. So why can't Apple? I personally like the new color, but I do agree, it sucks forcing a new theme on everyone just because they can. Be...
Hi all. Today I was playing SC2 and I had a kernel panic. I checked the logs and this is what it says: Code: Mon Apr 25 23:20:20 2011 panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2aab59): Kernel trap at 0x0097efb5, type 14=page fault, registers: CR0: 0x80010033, CR2: 0x0000003c, CR3: 0x00100000, CR4: 0x00000668 EAX: 0x00000000, EBX: 0x00000000, ECX: 0x00000000, EDX: 0x84d62710 CR2: 0x0000003c, EBP: 0x84d62658, ESI: 0x84d62710, EDI: 0x00000000 EFL: 0x00010282, EIP: 0x0097efb5, CS: ...
Then Apple is going to slowly lose the geeks, and the geeks that work in IT/retail will be recommending Android/Windows / setting up polices at work that only Windows/Android is supported. I do agree, overtime, Android will out beat iOS in both phone and tablet, simply because they will be able to market and sell Android based devices cheaper than Apple.
Did Apple forget those who like to setup a home network only FTP file server? I understand its still available via terminal, but really, why take it out of the GUI if at the end of the day, it wasn't causing any damage or issues for them? Removing GUI support for NFS sucks too. Its used a lot in networking. Seems like all they are focusing on is easy home networking support between Macs and Windows in a home environment and making it slightly harder for those who do...
I actually did that recently. My Epson printer I had ran out of black and colored ink. The total cost to buy new ink for it was going to cost me $120! So I ended up picking up a $40 all-in-one canon printer. Works just as well, and I got a whole new printer plus ink.It is cheaper to buy a new printer these days than the ink. The ink for my current printer for black and color comes out to $50. Ten dollars less and I can buy a whole new printer again, hah.I don't think Apple...
If the Mac Pros either came with faster hardware stock for their current base price, or if the price was lowered with the stock hardware it comes with, I would of picked up an Mac Pro instead of my fully upgraded 27 inch iMac. I like my iMac, it just be nice to be able to upgrade it, mostly the video card. The Mac Pros are nice machines, and its style is still beautiful and very professional looking, but their current price tags for the hardware it comes stock with is...
This is so true. There is "no" average computer user when it comes to storage space. As they say, "there is nothing wrong with more space, it doesn't hurt." When it comes to disk space, this is so true. I know a family and they burn through disk space like no tomorrow. For some reason, they feel the need to make more than one copy of everything, and then litter them all over the place. When I was cleaning out their computer I was finding copies of photos they took in...
The amount of people in here that are talking about "cloud computing" and wanting it to take over all data storage and getting rid of CD/DVD/Bluray drives scares me. Cloud computing is never going to happen. Its not safe (look at Google's recent "lol we lost a couple hundred thousand peoples email"), privacy issues (other people able to look at all your precious data and those naughty photos you took), and bandwidth issues (which is a major concern now seeing that almost...
Indeed they haven't, it was bad wording on my part. Sorry.