or Connect

Posts by Evilution

I don't see what it has to do with Apple. These other companies are just contracted. When you go into Subway for a sandwich, you are contracting the creation of that sandwich to one of their labourers. Is it now your job to ensure that this labourer gets a fare wage and proper breaks?   No, of course it's not. Same applies with Apple.  No other companies do any checks at all regarding all of this stuff so at least Apple try. Apple are just a target because they care...
Back in the early days, Apple wanted to keep it all legal with regards to the DRM to keep the record companies happy. Once they had conquered the market, they could dictate to the record companies what was going to happen and other non-iTunes clients are a fractional minority.
And who's to blame for this app-based abortion? Chief Product Officer RJ Pittman... http://recode.net/2014/12/09/ebay-overhauls-ipad-app-to-look-more-like-pinterest-and-less-like-amazon/   https://www.linkedin.com/in/rjpittman Worked for Google then Apple, before going to eBay.   Considering that literally 99% of the people hate it who have left a review on the App store about the update, coupled with the fact that the design was supposed to encourage buying but has...
Man, I wish I hadn't updated. They have turned a functional app into a harder to use advert. They normally attempt to add something clever and make the app worse but this is a massive leap into the abyss.   I doubt anyone goes on there to discover new things. Like me, I'm sure they have set searches or you know exactly what you want to search for so you type it in and narrow down the searches with a category etc.   The app doesn't tell you if the item is an auction or...
Thinking up their own ideas and dropping Android for Tizen is their only option for any sort of recovery. If they carry on with low profit Android phones packed with stolen IP they'll soon capsize. Mainly because other companies are better at producing phones than Samsung.   They'll become the next Blackberry if they aren't careful. I see that Blackberry are having 1 last shot with a Blackberry 10 with a keyboard. Maybe Samsung should go back to doing old school flip...
Of course iOS 8 is back on track, a lot of people were waiting for it to be jailbroken. Now it is, they have updated. I just did my 3 iPads for that reason. Nothing to do with piracy for me, I just need them to do things they aren't supposed to.   Removing ads from YouTube (so google don't get any money from me), Youtube HD over 3G/4G, download from the app store over 3G/4G even when the app over over the size limit, putting videos on the iPad and playing them, no...
If you want to buy Apple stuff at reduced costs on Black Friday, just go to a reseller like Amazon or Best Buy. They'll be doing monetary discounts.
Sorry about going back on topic but: I reckon the A8 chip is not only downscaling, it's probably processing every other frame.   Until someone airplays the 4K video from the iDevice to a 4K TV, does a screen grab and compares it to the same video played through the TV, I'll not be totally convinced. Seems like a sly advert for the app.
The lenses would have to be spaced further away than that to create a suitable 3D image plus, if 1 camera is macro and the other is telephoto, one will be out of focus so they couldn't both be used at at the same time.
39 major revisions in 6 years!   A major revision every 8 weeks!   GTFO!