or Connect

Posts by Evilution

I was expecting that, I guess 99% of people must just use the iMac for FaceBook, emails and posting their thoughts as facts on forums. Personally I do use optical media and all of the people at my work (who copied me when I bought an iMac and raved about it) all said they wouldn't consider an iMac without the built in drive. The iMac is uncluttered and pleasing to the eye but it is also quite expensive. Therefore few people want to have an external and have to pay for it...
  It's embarrassing that you believe this expected shortage story. This is banded around with every Apple release and over everything that Apple sell, this is the one least likely to have issues. Apple know that if they spread the rumour that there'll be shortages, people won't "leave a purchase until tomorrow" in case they don't get their one before Christmas. I've never had any issues getting the new Apple products from my Apple store the week after they are released,...
Apple win, Samescum appeal, it all goes round and round. Jeez it gets boring.
Fair play, an honest judge, who'd have thunk it!
Apple's 2 key words for 2012. Adapters and Money.   We've made it better by giving you less stuff. No DVD drive, wow! Slower HDDs, OMG awesome! No Firewire, woohoo I love buying adapters! Less aluminium in the case so it's cheaper on materials, whooosh, bonza profit! Lighter, lower shipping fees for Apple! It's thinner at the edge so then you get the benefits of..... errrr..... ermmmm..... really hurting your hands when you have to take it to an Apple...
Has no one else noticed the frankly ludicrous position of the SD card slot!
I'm still happy with my iPad 3 but the resale cost will be hurt which will annoy some. I am surprised that Apple gave it a 1 revision number despite it not being that big a change over the 3. I think there will be a lot of people like myself who will be wary about being early adopters now just in case they have gone to a 6 month cycle. I feel sorry for the people who absolutely must have the latest version. I'm a massive Apple fan but I don't blindly buy everything they...
It's not 5mm thin though is it, it bulges considerably towards the middle. Edge thickness means nothing. I remember Samsung releasing "the thinnest phone" because the edge was thinner than the iPhone, however at the thickest point, it was thicker.   So, it's a nice design, not much different to the previous one to look at from the front. 1 thunderbolt port! I hope that's only the case for the 21.5".   I thought the 24" iMac was hard and uncomfortable to carry...
For the first time ever, I feel let down by Apple.  I liked the fact that when you were an early adopter to an iPhone or iPad you knew you had a year+ until the next one was released. This throws everything that I know to be true about Apple out of the window. I'm a disappointed member of the Apple family.
This looks to be an addition to another patent shown a while back where only a part of the screen is shown if only part of the magnetic smart cover is pulled back (also re-sites icons and notifications on the screen) to save battery life as people check time, battery or notifications etc.