or Connect

Posts by aknabi

Proper file management isn't an ancient myth... many graphics professionals have huge numbers of huge files that they need to organize and can't keep on those services you describe because of policy, etc... and there are plenty others.
 And even with the refresh still missing. So funny reading the comments... I've been into Apple since the 1st West Coast computer faire and Woz was my hardware mentor in high school and Jobs and I had many mutual friends. This is a bozo move (and yes they can technically support it... but it would cost a slight bit of money and hurt margins, though I would argue they'd get higher sales for those on the fence).
RAM and HD/SSD upgrades are rather common... 
  yeah because you're all knowing and there's no way that would be possible
yeah because you're all knowing and there's no way that would be possible
So Apple's only almost 20 years later...
December results lower as now folks *are* waiting a few months (>90 days) for the iPhone 5 so that wouldn't be in the 90 day time window... actually given that I'm surprised the number is that high (or "normal" folks aren't clued into/care about the refresh cycle)
It's their business model to take market trends, copy and make them as cheap as possible. When/if they violate patents and IP they should be slapped... when not then I see no problem. Though I'd be embarrassed to be that blatant.
People who went the "cheap" Android route only to discover what a terrible UX it actually has (not to mention the fragmentation issue or being orphaned a few months later by their vendor as happened with the Moto Milestone which was in theory a hero Android device)... as those contracts run out you could see people seeing the advantages of the Apple eco-system.
Eric, great hardware isn't your problem (though it is an issue)... It's your total cluelessness on user experience and the continued botching of it regardless of the great talent in UX you probably have. Problem is when it come to user experience Google is one of those companies that just doesn't get it as an organization... and even with some talented folks they just can get it done. I have to give Microsoft, they finally let their talent get product out the door...