or Connect

Posts by tarfungo

This ^^
This ^^
  Curious... has anyone reported a stolen iPhone (or any phone for that matter?) to the Police and later the Police recovered the phone?  I guess it's possible that could happen, but I'm guessing that Police recover something close to 0% of stolen phones.  Sure, maybe they get lucky from time-to-time and recover a single phone or more likely bunch of phones by accident, but rarely recover a one-off stolen phone.  Heck, my car was stolen here in San Francisco a few months...
With all due respect jdnc, referring to the idiots that Harvard turns out as some sort of den of 'experts' does not help your case.  I'll remind you that it was these same nose-in-the-air Harvard business 'types' that almost drove Apple into the ground back in the 1990's - coincidentally at the exact same time I bought all of my Apple stock for $12.00 a share and even then the news was reporting that Apple had less than six months to survive.  Just because you go to a...
The M-Audio keyboard mentioned here is more or less fine for course triggering of samples, drums and so on - at least in my experience.  If you're a 'real' piano player and you're looking for weighted keys to simulate the feel of a real piano experience. well of course the M-Audio keyboard will leave you wishing for more.  There's very little feedback from the M-Audio device, but again a weighted keyboard is going to set you back more $$$ wise.  That said, weighted...
Funny... I'm guessing that the LAST thing the good folks living in China NEED is 'protection' from Apple.  Maybe the Chinese government should spend a moment or two in front of mirror before they start pointing accusatory fingers?  
Hoping not to sound like I'm defending Samsung here - because I'm not, and these two app are clearly identical in intent and maybe even in design, but isn't this just more of sleazy manufacturers feeding the bottom feeders of the world?  You know, the folks who sit around at dinner parties saying that they are 'smarter' because they got the SAME features with better a phone (spec-wise) but at a lot less than what an iPhone costs?  It's sort of like some of my knuckle...
Actually, I believe all California residents are required to claim their out of sales purchase on their tax forms so sales tax can be collected.  I'm guessing not many people do this, but it is the law.  Interestingly,  many of the same people who laugh at claiming their out of state purchases are the same folks who rail about big businesses not paying THEIR fair share of taxes, but I digress...  ;-)
I've been purposely using turn-by-turn while traveling in and around the San Francisco Bay Area since the inception of 'Map-gate' with out ANY issues.  This includes both known, little known and unknown routes.  With only inconsequential deviations from my own 'local knowledge' route preferences, the system has been flawless.  
Wait, I thought Mapgate was purely an Apple fail?  /s