or Connect

Posts by Pendergast

Forget the message, that's just a poorly done ad.
So people are complaining about free stuff now?
Any word on if the ApplePay built in will work with the 5 series? ApplePay said it was limited to 6 series, but I wonder. Still, pretty pricey for an accessory.
So... disgruntled employees (maybe even a few programmers who felt they were put under unrealistic time constraints) blame "management" for their not being able to finish on time?
 Amazaniac would be better.
 Aren't there numerous third-party solutions? Like even... Google Maps?
 I would imagine you would still need tethering support from the carrier... In iOS 7, there's the button to set up a hotspot, but if your plan doesn't support it, it was just say to contact your carrier. I imagine the new feature just eliminates the steps of going into Settings on your iPhone, but that a supportive plan is still required.
 Isn't that what Photostream was originally for? When it was first released, it was so that photos taken on your iPhone would automatically sync to your Mac, with the most recent 1,000 photos remaining on your iPhone. Clearly, more people want all photos to live in the cloud and to have access to all photos on all their devices.
 Why would this bother you if it goes directly to an online service? It is likely routed through Apple's servers and is anonymized before sending it to Wikipedia, etc.  Or are you concerned about the data going to Apple?
 iPad or iPhone? Not running iOS 8, but in iOS 7 on the iPhone, the URL bar minimizes when your scroll, forcing you to scroll up slightly to get it to go back to normal. Or you can click on it.