or Connect

Posts by Pendergast

Who says? Just because they've done that in the past? The BOM for the 5 may have cost too much to do that.Nevertheless, the price did drop $100 for a phone that's still high-end and was selling very well.What you're saying is that by going to plastic Apple should somehow be able to drop it $200 while not destroying margins. Right.
They did lower the price by $100.The iPhone 5 sold for $650.Apple has already showed a willingness for flexible pricing in developing markets like India.Also, people dismissing the U.S. market are naive. There's PLENTY of untapped potential in the U.S. and I bet we can expect holiday discounts on the 5C ($49-79 on contract) that will result in massive sales.
What's the value difference between the AU dollar, the USD, and Korean currency? International pricing is tricky.My guess is that Asian companies have an advantage selling to Oceania area.
I don't appreciate your snark.I defend Apple on this forum plenty and have a right to my opinion. I didn't troll and predict a failure, I just said I wasn't particularly impressed with the pricing.
I believe this is the correct answer.It's telling that the 5S won't be available for preorder.If Apple had lowered the price by $100, EPS would have plummeted
Games can already output different views, with totally different content on the device vs ATV.
Fully expecting something big coming for Holiday release. Why else would they have released those controller APIs?
 According to their website, it will use the old connector. Makes no sense, but still.
 More durable, especially if you don't want to use a case.
  What are you confused about? You can EITHER scan your print OR enter a passcode. The only thing unclear is whether you can require BOTH be entered in settings for double security.