or Connect

Posts by Pendergast

Yes, and the U.S. and the Soviets never fought an actual war, either.
"Santa Clara 49ers" just doesn't have a good ring to it. Oh well.
They could have chosen not to enforce the injunction.But keep pretending Google doesn't offensively use patents.
Does Sudo require an admin password to use? My understanding is that this exploit works if the user is already logged in as Admin; thus the attacker doesn't need the password. And if Sudo was already run once before, it won't ask for a password(?) so again, no need for the attacker to know the password. That said, if you can do all that, can't Sudo do more than change the clock? Maybe Sudo should just always require an admin password to launch?
  Never going to happen.   Making quality TV costs money, and is based on paying for things you don't need. If you pay for only what you need, you can expect prices to rise accordingly.     If you want truly a la carte, what Apple could negotiate is an expansion to iTunes Season Pass, where you buy a season of a TV show (for, say $50) and then get a access to a live stream of the show when it airs, in addition to On Demand of the entire released season in your Purchased...
Considering market share figures are really only useful for developers, and said developers likely aren't targeting whitebox tablets, wouldn't a better view of Apple's health be gained by looking at revenue share?   This would equalize for those cheap $60 tablets that are supposedly flooding the market.
I doubt they'll have THREE options. Too many SKUs. I'd imaging they'll drop the Black for the 5S (black will still be available for the 5C) and go with just Silver and Gold. Why? Two reasons: 1) iOS 7 appears to look better with a white face. 2) The black/slate shows much more scuffs than its white counterpart. This isn't just a customer satisfaction thing, but a quality control issue. Didn't we hear that a good percentage of iP5's were returned to get refinished?
It's not an unusual rate either. Places like Downtown Disney charge a similar fee to vendors.
The fact that they named Ballmer et. al. personally in the lawsuit is pretty meaningless, this effort is unlikely to succeed. Corporate shield, and all that. They'd have a steep slope to climb and would have to allege pretty much criminal conduct. And I don't think this is Enron.    Officers get named personally in lawsuits all the time; it doesn't mean it's going to succeed. 
    Aren't we talking modern Apple, i.e. post-iMac?   The issue was whether Apple's famous Mac vs PC ads are different that Samsung's current anti-Apple ads.