or Connect

Posts by Pendergast

So when you see a beautiful building, you give credit to the steel company? Not the architect? D'okay...And it's a trademark, yes, and the tech behind each variation is patented. And it's sourced from multiple manufacturers.
Is that a static sales rate? Does the launch month not inflate things?How many 5's were sold in its first month?Since Samsung doesn't actually provide official numbers, can we trust them?
By the by, my company actually contracts out work to an Asian manufacturing company. We create the designs, specify the materials, specify the equipment, etc. Pure outsourcing. But apparently the manufacturer does everything. Maybe I can fire my design team.
In your world, I suppose that construction workers are totally invent buildings, and architects have nothing to do with it right?And Apple does have patents on retina displays, and on the software that makes it work (and not just shrink everything down).But whatever. I mean a shill's gotta eat.
5G will be developed by a host of companies, just like any standard.
Wrong, foundries =/= designing, hence why Apple can have its proprietary displays, chips, etc manufactured anywhere. Some manufactures do a better job.
  Isn't it just an import ban? Is Apple still making (and importing) the iPhone 4 or iPad 2?   Nothing against selling any existing stock, if there is any.
  It's a fair question, Mr. Internet lawyer.
  Fine.   You keep saying Leegin doesn't help Apple. I never said that it did.    The reason I referenced it is because since this case began, several people keep saying that Apple is guilty of price fixing. Which is not what they are being , mind you, and even then, "price fixing" is not necessarily illegal. Since price fixing used to ALWAYS be illegal, Leegin is an important reference.    I'm saying it has a bearing on the discussion not the case itself, since Apple is...
  None of this applies to Apple, it applies to the PUBLISHER(S).   Apple is being accused of being part of the publishers alleged conspiracy.    The principles of Leegin would apply to the publishers, as the agency model is in essence price fixing — i.e. the manufacturer sets the price, and the retailer has to comply.    I referenced it, because everyone keeps yelling PRICE FIXING!!! when that's not the issue. The issue is, and has always been, alleged collusion between...